Natural History Museum

www.nhm.ac.uk - +44 (0)20 7942 5000

Natural History Museum London Reviews

debsadams1979 debsadam…
Go Wild! Jan 09, 2011
The museum is located in South Kensington (also the nearest tube station) along with the Science Museum and the V&A to name a few. Set in one of London's finest buildings it's a great place for adults and kids and is free to enter unless you want to see a visiting exhibition, which in our case we did; Wildlife Photographer of the year. The exhibition was £9 to visit and I felt it was worth every penny as the photos on display were simply awe inspiring. I thought we'd only be there for maybe an hour but I think it was more like two as I lost track of time, I think that's always a good testimony to how amazing something is. The gift shop is great for picking up gifts, particularly for kids of all ages and I didn't feel prices were any higher than a normal shop. It was my first time visiting the Natural History Museum and I'd love to come back again to see more of the main exhibits as I'm convinced you could easily spend a half or a full day there.

My only gripe (and it's a very small one) is that I noticed an interactive display for kids that charged you £1 to use it, which I felt was a bit steep.

It's also worth noting that there's are quite a few great places to go nearby for breakfast, lunch, dinner or even just have a hot drink and a sweet snack (as well as it's own cafe). I like to frequent the creperie round the corner or the cute little french cafe/ bakery (possibly called La Brasserie but I can't be sure) but the restaurant inside the V&A is also pretty amazing both in it's food and backdrop.
The beautiful facade of the Natura…
The winter wonderland outside
View by night
kelleb says:
Congrats on your feature ! I agree the Natural History Museum is amazing !! My fav museum in London.. I went to the Wildlife Photographer exhibit as well.. very much worth it !!
brettjayhawk says:
Looking forward to going this summer when I'm in London!
vulindlela says:
Congrats on your feature!
rixi rixi
Natural History Museum, London Apr 05, 2011
I would recommend the Natural History Museum in London if you're spending more days in the city. The museum is next to South Kensington tube station and a very attractive building and most of all as a lot of London museums it's free! If you want to see everything and taking time be prepared for at least 3 to 4 hours as the museum is huge. I think it's also a good day out for families with kids as there's a lot of interactive games, life size models of animals, animating dinosaurs, etc which are also enjoyable for adults.

If you have less time I'd recommend to visit the blue and red zones (Dinosaurs, mammals, human biology and the earth lab, etc)

But have a look on the pictures and decide for yourself if you want to spend your precious time there :)
m3jka m3jka
My favourite building in London Apr 03, 2011
I recomend the museum for those who have seen the main attraction points in London because the museum requires few hours to see everything. I really liked the building itself. It somehow reminded me of Harry Potter :> The exhibits are quite interesting although I'm not sure it they are all real :> One can see some dinosaurs there, fish, and our monkey-cousins ;] I had some difficulty in finding the famous Lucy but it turned out that there are signs everywhere pointing to Lucy, I just didn't see them ;]
xxwishnonstarzz xxwishno…
Nice if you've got a spare day! May 25, 2008
We went here on a "well there's nothing else to do" whim, meaning to spend half the time here and half at the science museum. However, book just about a good 5 hours if you want to see the whole thing! Its huge! Lots of exhibits. I would recommend this to people with children because there are some cool little interactive things. Not as much glitz as I'm used to, being from tourist-central Disney-fied Orlando, but impressive none-the-less. A solid way to spend an otherwise useless afternoon.

Best parts were the dino skeletons, and the history of the earth display!
lingobeat lingobeat
Apr 04, 2007
One of the most brilliant museums I have ever been!

Beautifully done, full of cool features, like a travel to the inside of the human body. Not forgetting things like the coolest dinossaur and fossil exibihition that exists. And also you can have a pop into the brand new Darwin institute were if you can wait you can go and see some of the biggest exemplares of species that exist, including some whales, dolphins, sharks and off course the biggest fish that exists!

It is an eyefull and if you are into the critter stuff you gonna love it, I know I did. even you are not the lifescale of the biggest animal to have existed in our planet -the blue whale- whill impress you or it might be the huge dinossaur in the loby. And have I mentioned you get all this for free??????????

Just reserve a day to fully enjoy it, it deserves as much!
The entrance to the museum

Related Travel Blogs About Natural History Museum

Kiron's Reflections on London
Kiron’s Reflections on London   After visiting my family in New York, we flew to London, England. In London, I stayed at my uncle’s house (Teva, Bitten, and Linnea) in the middle of …days we went to many places: London Eye, Buckingham Palace, Tower of London, Museum of Natural History, Tate Modern, Science Museum. …
Mad Max Tour
I woke up and packed my stuff early, feeling a little seedy from the night before. Had breakfast and left my stuff with the hostel. I made my way down the street to the meetup point. I'd booked a tou…Natural History Museum in London. From there we visited some old Cottswold Villages. The first being Lacock National Trust village…
Day 1 - trying not to bore my siblings
Because on the first day of my stay in Vienna I had to deal with my younger siblings, I made my first steps to the Naturhistorisches Museum. It is relatively close from our Hotel Tigra, whi…Natural History Museum is placed in London. What a surprise! The one in Vienna is as good as the London

Check London Hotel Deals