National Museum of the US Air Force

1100 Spaatz St, Dayton, OH, USA

National Museum of the US Air Force Dayton Reviews

vulindlela vulindle…
Wow! Jun 22, 2014
Living 2 hours drive away, I have always wanted to visit here.

For a fan of aviation, it is a must. Now was the time to go.

What to see:

There are several large aircraft on display outside, along with a children's play area.

Inside, the displays are housed in three large hangars, and one building that is made to look like a missile silo.

Right now, there is a separate hangar for the Presidential aircraft and you have to take a bus to get to it. It is very limited and you must show up early. We did not get to do it because it was full that day. They plan to add a hangar next to the others, to house the Presidential aircraft in the future.

You enter into a lobby and pass through a gift shop and then the first set of displays are early aviation. Next is World War I aircraft. Through the three hangars, you continue to World War II, Korean War, Vietnam War, Cold War, and finally to modern times.

It is amazing to see all the aircraft in there and I think the set up is well presented.

My favorites were the Space Shuttle mock up(real mock trainer from Houston), the B-36, the KC-97, and the SR-71.

We only did about 5 hours here, and although rushed, we did see it all. I would allow a full 8 hour day to really appreciate the museum.

Photography is allowed, but the lighting is low.

Did I mention that the museum is free? Yes! free parking too.

There are a few snack bars, which served inexpensive, and surprisingly good food.
Museum
early aviation
early aviation
B-24
mmeymey says:
wow, congrats for being featured jeremy!
vances says:
I've really got to get here...congrats and thanks for the poke, lol!
rheagirl says:
Congrats on the feature!
faruk007 faruk007
National Air force museam Sep 25, 2014
What to see:

Photography is allowed, but the lighting is low.

Did I mention that the museum is free? Yes! free parking too.

Check Dayton Hotel Deals