National Museum of the Philippines

Valenciana Circle, Manila, Philippines

National Museum of the Philippines Manila Reviews

pacificscorpio pacifics…
National Museum of the Philippines Jun 29, 2010
Wonderful displays of history and art of porcelain plates, coins, jewelry, armaments, and other artifacts.

Allow at least a couple of hours to see this museum, more if you're going to be reading the signs. When I went came, I had the entire museum to myself!

Entrance fee is PHP100, open Wednesday-Sunday 10am-4:30pm but I arrived twice before I it was opent to the public.

I was even able to take pictures and video even though the policy is no photography nor video recording. I asked the caretaker and was told I could as long as no-flash was used.

What a great gift that was.

Enjoy the pictures!
pacificscorpio says:
Your welcome and enjoy your summer.
Africancrab says:
Nice photos, thanks for sharing the review
planisphere planisph…
A Museum Tour with John Silva Apr 25, 2009
One can visit the Philippine National Museum any time from Tuesday to Sunday for less than 200 pesos (4 USD). However, if you want to be able to take photos of artifacts, join the tour provided by Mr. John Silva. It cost 800 pesos (16 USD). His approach is more academic than entertaining but he is still entertaining enough not to bore the tourists, local or otherwise.

His site is: http://johnsilva.blogspot.com/

Details from his site:

Works of art are appreciated by their own merits. But oftentimes a painting or a sculpture has a story that adds to its worth. Or a brushstroke, almost imperceptible, that needs pointing out, and expanding a painting’s dimension.

John L. Silva’s renowned three-hour tour of the National Museum’s painting and sculpture collection incorporates history, interpretation, and even a little humor.

Get to know the Philippines from as far back as 40,000 years ago through its fascinating archaeological artifacts from stone-age tools to exquisite textiles.

Understand the country today with its colonial period collection from Spanish ware to American architectural influence on the two buildings housing the National Museum.

All tours begin at the rear entrance of the Museum of the Filipino People (formerly the Finance Building) located on Finance Road and fronting Rizal Park. Tour covers two buildings and over 20 galleries.

Come and discover a fascinating Philippine past. It will astound you.

Tours start promptly at 10:00 AM and ends at 1:00 PM.

TOUR FEES: (As of April 2009)

800 pesos Adults

500 pesos Youths

RESERVATIONS NECESSARY:

Call/Text 0926 729 9029, 0917 419 5928, 527 5082 or e-mail jsilva79@mac.com
Africancrab says:
Interesting
ahaduca says:
napakagandang paglalarawan ng ating kultura at sining. naway marami ka pang maibabahagi sa amin na kagaya kung salat sa kaalaman tungkol sa ating inang bayan. Mabuhay ka kabayan!
Posted on: Apr 27, 2009
planisphere says:
oo maganda dun... punta tayo pagbalik mo dito.... kelan ba? :)
Posted on: Apr 27, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About National Museum of the Philippines

National Museum Tour with my dear Aoisoba
It was my nth time to visit this place. Every time I have visitors, chances are, I would be bringing them there. The thing is, photography especially with flash inside the museum is totally not allow…It was my nth time to visit this place. Every time I have visitors, chances are, I would be bringing…
The National Museum of the Philippines
I have always encouraged Filipinos and foreigners alike, to visit our National Museum.  It's quite a pity and a bit strange that Pinoys who have gone abroad rave about New York City's MoMA, LA's…Manila Post Office. There are other exhibitions which are yet to be opened for public viewing, so we can only eagerly anticipate the day that we can finally see them…
Last Stop: Philippine National Museum
It always feels terrible to wake up knowing that that specific day - I would be leaving Philippines again. My flight back to Singapore was still at 8 PM. I still have enough time to do some things I …National Museum of the Philippines . This is in front of Manila City Hall . I think this is the old senate…

Check Manila Hotel Deals