National Football Museum

Urbis Building; Cathedral Gardens, Manchester, United Kingdom

National Football Museum Manchester Reviews

curious_claire curious_…
A must for the footy fans Mar 26, 2015
Like pretty much everything in Manchester this museum was free to get in to. I walked in and the guy working was very helpful and polite. He tried to explain to me about buying the museums own currency for the interactive parts of the museum for my next visit but I politely told him I wasn't a local so wouldn't be returning anytime soon.

The museum is split over a few levels and is filled with football artefacts and what I really liked was all the little videos you could play in each section. And I liked the fact that they didn't just concentrate on the Premier League, but also European, Women's and Disability leagues.

The place is very interactive so it's a great place for children. I think Level 2 is pretty much just for the younger audience. But they also have a level for temporary exhibitions which you pay £1 to enter. After getting in for free I was happy to pay this!

Overall I'd say this is a must visit for any football fan visiting Manchester. You could do the museum quickly if you wanted to but, if like me you watch a lot of the videos, you'll easily spend a couple of hours in there.
The outside
The famous Michael Jackson statue
Wise words Mr Wenger
I love these two!
matthew matthew
The National Football Museum Mar 02, 2008
Located in the brand new Urbis building, with its stylish exterior, is the National Football Museum. Spread across three floors, where better in the country to house such a museum?

Formerly based in Preston, the relocation to Manchester has been a huge success with thousands more artifacts and extended highlights on show for all to enjoy.

It is a great day out for the football fanatic, and lets be honest, if you are a visitor in Manchester, it is highly probable you have come to see one of the two top football clubs in not only the country, but the world. There is plenty of interactive fun to be had from younger supports, but indeed children of all ages will have a fabulous time in this well lit and modern centre.

My only concerns about the museum are on the historical side of football. For example, there is very little reference to the origins of the beautiful game, and no mention at all of Notts County being the first ever profession club in the world. It barely detracts from an entertaining few hours though, and as entry is free, or be it via an encouraged donation, you can gladly race through in an hour or so, or take your time with a few extra hours at your disposal.

Check Manchester Hotel Deals