National Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall

No.505, Taipei, Taiwan - 886-02-27588008

National Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall Taipei Reviews

trippin_jen trippin_…
National Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall Nov 06, 2014
This memorial is one of the popular tourist spots in Taipei. The building itself does not look so impressive, but the huge statue of Dr. Sun is quite a wow factor. There's a few art galleries, although I was not too impressed. The change of guards was a short one. Frankly speaking, I don't know why the changing of guards is always an 'attraction'? They just march and go. So?

The rooms portraying the history of Dr. Sun was very well arranged and worth a compliment. I absolutely love the Taiwanese flag on the ceiling. Another thing that amused me was the 'talking' Dr. Sun. They have life-size cardboard of him, but 'headless'. Once they turn on the projector behind, the head 'appears' exactly where it should, and it started talking. I took a video but unfortunately couldn't post it up here. Nicely done!

Dr. Sun was in Malaysia for a period of time and he had a base in Penang. I happen to visit this house when I was at the Heritage Trail,:

and it was more interesting as they preserved the real house, the real table, almost everything was 'real' and they even have a video about his life. To me, I find this 'original' base in Penang more interesting than this one in Taipei, cos in Taipei, it is just a memorial. Nevertheless, it is very well maintained.

Check Taipei Hotel Deals