Narita International Airport

www.narita-airport.jp/en - +81(0)476-34-8000

Narita International Airport Reviews

ys484 ys484
One of main international airport in Japan Jan 09, 2016
Narita airport is one of the main international airports in Japan. This airport started 38 years ago. A lot of overseas airline companies use this airport, so we have to use this airport as a gateway to a foreign country. There are some problems about Narita airport. It take time to get to the center of Tokyo from this airport. Midnight flying is prohibited to prevent noise pollution. If Narita airport doesn't solve these problems, this airport will be inferior to other Asian airline hub. Japan wants to strengthen tourist facilities under way for the Tokyo Olympic in 2020.
a departure lounge
Andy99 Andy99
The gateway to Japan Mar 26, 2005
Narita International Airport is the principal airport serving the Tokyo region. Narita handles both international and domestic flights. (Tokyo's older Haneda Airport also handles domestic and some international services.)

Narita has two large terminal buildings. I was in and out of Terminal 1, flying All-Nippon Airways. I found international arrival was handled efficiently, with immigration and passport control and customs and baggage claim handled in separate sections. From baggage claim, one could proceed right out to the curbside for ground transportation.

Ground transportation at Narita is a challenge because of the distance from Tokyo. Taxis are very expensive (and tolls are an extra surcharge). There are airport buses, but JR trains are probably the most efficient means of transportation. JR runs Narita Express trains to Chiba and Tokyo Station. Purchase bus or train tickets in the airport.

Narita has a very large duty-free shopping area and brand-name stores for departing international passengers.
ANA 747 at Narita Airport
Narita baggage claim area
ANA 777 at Narita Airport
williamsworld says:
I remember this airport so well. The thing that stands out is how hot and humid it was when I was waiting for a plane back to the States.
Posted on: Dec 07, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Narita International Airport

Tokyo-Narita International Airport
NRT Narita International Airport serves the city of Tokyo but it is actually about 35 miles outside of Tokyo, and only 4 miles from the city Narita. Narita handles the majority of international pass…Narita International Airport serves the city of Tokyo but it is actually about 35 miles outside of Tokyo, and only…
NYC to Tokyo: A Rush to the Asakusa Festival
Excited isn't enough to describe how I feel as I left my apartment from Manhattan's Upper East Side to Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey. Actually, I was exhausted. After working 5 n…International Airport to Tokyo-Narita International Airport. I watched 2 movies and caught 6 hours of sleep…
Tokyo, Japan
We flew off for Tokyo on 11 Jan 2006 and returned to Singapore on 15 Jan 2006. Upon arrival at Narita International Airport on 12 Jan 2006 morning, we made our way to Owakudani Boiling Valley t…Narita International Airport on 12 Jan 2006 morning, we made our way to Owakudani Boiling Valley  to enjoy…

Check Narita Hotel Deals