Bristol, England

Nando's Bristol Reviews

robzvoice robzvoice
Nando's Restaurant Aug 23, 2009
Nando's is a restaurant chain originating from South Africa with a Portuguese theme. Nando's specializes in chicken dishes with either lemon and herb, mango and lime, medium, hot or extra hot peri-peri marinades (properly known as Galinha à Africana). Side dishes such as spicy rice, fries (with either Chicken Salt, or Peri Peri Salt), coleslaw, corn on the cob (mealies), cous cous, portuguese rolls, or side garden salads.

I've been to Nando's in Reading, Bristol, Oxford, Manchester, Liverpool, and London and I must say the food is consistently great. The spicy chicken with the peri peri sauce is to die for. My favorite dish is the Mediterranean salad. Washing it down with Super Bock Portugeuse lager hits the spot.

How it works:

When you arrive at the restaurant, there will be someone to escort you to your table. If there is a queue, they will hand you menus for you to peruse through while you wait to be called.

The table will have a number that you have to remember because you have to head back to cashier area of the restaurant to place your order and pay in advance and the cashier will ask for your table number during that time.

After paying, they will provide glasses and napkins for you to take back to your table.

On your way back to the table is an area to get your drinks, extra plates, flatware, more napkins, bottles of their peri peri sauces, etc.

Once you got everything, you head to your table and wait until they bring out your order.

So far, I've been very pleased with the food and their service.

I love this Nando's commercial! It had me laughing hard! LOL!

If you happen to see a Nando's restaurant through your traveling adventures, I recommend stopping in and trying their food!
Good lager!
Nando's in Oxford
robzvoice says:
Yeah me too, unfortunately they only have one Nando's in the U.S. I believe. I think it's in the D.C. area. I guess I have to invest and start up a second store in the states...LOL!
Posted on: Aug 29, 2009
sweetsummerdaiz says:
Looking at the pictures is making me hungry.
Posted on: Aug 29, 2009
robzvoice says:
You won't regret it, Keiko! ;-)
Posted on: Jun 22, 2009