Nanda Devi

Näsilinnankatu 17. 33 210 TAMPERE., Tampere, Finland
www.nandadevi.fi - (03) 213 0935
Nanda Devi - HUGE, thick, fluffy Naan bread
Nanda Devi - Chicken Tandoori Tikka Masala
Nanda Devi - Not a great pic, but it was rather busy so didn't feel comfortable taking a shot of the whole restaurant
Nanda Devi - Yummy cinnamon coffee

Nanda Devi Tampere Reviews

moshers_moll moshers_…
Authentic Indian Cuisine. When in Finland eat......curry! Apr 10, 2010
As a long-standing connoisseur of Indian food, I think I can safely say this restaurant provides authentic cuisine. Top quality establishment, tucked away down a side street, it looked most inviting from the exterior. The internal decor is just as you would expect from an Indian restaurant and has a lovely, cosy atmosphere.

I played it relatively safely by my standards by ordering the Murgh (Tandoori) Tikka Masala with a plain naan bread. We decided not to be greedy and order starters, keeping in mind we were planning to have a few beers afterwards! Though whilst waiting for the main course we were served free poppadums with mint raita. The standard of food was excellent, most generous portions (huge chunks of chicken). Alcoholic beverages were in the form of Karjala. I would have preferred my usual Indian beer of Cobra but wanted to sample as much of the Finnish beer as possible ;-)

Prices were surprisingly reasonable with our curries weighing in at €15.50 each with rice included. We finished our meal with a traditional, cinnamon flavoured coffee which was divine.

Above all else, the customer service was outstanding. Swift, polite and extremely friendly. The middle-aged chap whom I presume was the owner, though I didn't like to ask, took a keen interest in us, asking how we knew about the restaurant and seemed genuinely interested in our holiday.

I certainly cannot argue with the excellent restaurant reviews I found online prior to paying this place a visit. Highly recommended to all curry lovers.
HUGE, thick, fluffy Naan bread
Chicken Tandoori Tikka Masala
Not a great pic, but it was rather…
Yummy cinnamon coffee
moshers_moll says:
It was! My belly was rumbling whilst writing this review, now I've a huge curry craving again!
Posted on: May 08, 2010