Nan Tien Temple

Berkeley Road, Wollongong, Australia

Nan Tien Temple Wollongong Reviews

goezi goezi
Peace and Tranquility Apr 16, 2006
I enjoyed our morning at the Nan Tien Temple. My friend and I were able to wander quietly about the complex and then enjoy a light lunch at the Dew Drop Inn tea house.

Described by the pamphlet given to me as "A place for devotees & visitors to experience Humanistic Buddhism through participation..." Nan Tien caters for individuals wanting a short visit, like my friend and I, or they will cater for groups wishing to spend a day or weekend to enjoy the cultural or educational programmes.

We didn't see the educational facilities but instead enjoyed the Main Shrine housing the 5 Buddhas of Confidence, Longevity, Wisdom, Inner beauty and Calmness.

We visited the Great Compassion Hall and wandered about the grounds where we saw the 8 storey Pagoda which houses the dead.

I particularly enjoyed the main carved Buddhas placed about the landscape.

The dress code for visiting the Temple means no shorts, singlets or thongs (jandals).

There is also an informative museum and for those wishing to make purchases there is also a souvenir shop.
Front of the Temple

Related Travel Blogs About Nan Tien Temple

Peace And tranquility Next To A Freeway
Today I paid a visit to the Nan Tien Buddhist Temple Complex which is a short train hop out of Wollongong. You can read up more information about the temple and what goes on there - i.e. Monks doing …Nan Tien Buddhist Temple Complex which is a short train hop out of Wollongong. You can read up more information…

Check Wollongong Hotel Deals