Namo Buddha, Kathmandu

Kavre Palanchowk, Kathmandu, Nepal

Namo Buddha, Kathmandu Reviews

Kathmandu1 Kathmand…
Namo Budhha Hill top - Outdoor for a day hiking Nov 19, 2012
In the season of autumn when the weather is very perfect and sky is very clear it make me feel to go outdoor to hike some ridge top from where I can widen my horizon to see beautiful mountains. I choose Namo Buddha hilltop this time and drove for 1 hour. It was afternoon already and I can see little bit haze there in distance. Anyway I have reached on top at 2.00pm. As per name this is a buddhist holy place and this is my second time here. I have offered butter lamp at buddhist temple and go around inside newly built Tibetan monestry where approx 300 Tibetan monks praying and chanting the mantras inside the big hall of monestry. The sound of mantra and sound of drum they beating time to time is so touching.

The location of this place is on hill top from where I can see either side of valley and small small villages near by. At the north side there is panoramic view of himalayas as a wall and it is also boarder line between China and Nepal.

The autumn breeze on the ridge of NamoBuddha is so pleasant. I feel hotness of sun and cold breeze of mountain at the same time. I relaxed for a while and took lunch at near by tea shop. I came down before the sundown as the trail could be risky in the dark and drove back to Thamel.
spocklogic says:
Nice experience, views and review too!
Posted on: Nov 19, 2012