3419 Connecticut Avenue, Washington, DC, USA - 202 237-1015

Nam-Viet Washington Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Fancy Vietnamese food in the heart of DC Jul 02, 2011
I drove pass this place and decided to come by and stop in for dinner one day. They have ample seating and you can also order take-out food. The waiters and servers are the most pleasant and I enjoyed the service.

I was ready to order something semi-familiar, but decided to go out on a limb a little as I am quite a picky eater. I order a crispy sweetened quail that was served on a bed of lettuce and topped with onions (I scraped of them off). There were also tomatoes and a juicy gravy on the bottom of the plate.

The quail, my first ever, was smaller than a cornish hen, but they was some meat on there. Although a bit tedious, by the time I was done, I was full.

The menu has an array of options for vegetarians and meat-lovers alike and I would return to Nam-Viet again, but for more authentic food, a drive into Virginia is a better plan.

The Cleveland Park area off Connecticut avenue is a very popular place. If you happen to find a spot right on CT ave, be sure to feed the meter or buy a parking ticket for your car; otherwise, park on a side street and be sure to read the signs to avoid getting a ticket.

Check Washington Hotel Deals