Nagasaki Kagamiya

Nagasaki Kagamiya Rates and Deals

Nagasaki Kagamiya Reviews

Zan5hin Zan5hin
One of the best hostels in Nagasaki Jun 13, 2010
I was looking for somewhere better than hostel Akari, and I found this place on Hostelworld so I used my daily tram pass to check it out. It is about a 5 minute walk from the end of the tram line in a quiet suburban area. The map on the website is much better now so no problem finding it if you use that.

The place really has a bit of a Minshuku feel except with western beds and low prices. They have fast wifi internet as well. During my stay I had the dorm room to myself as I think it was low season and they had only recently opened. There is no TV in the common area but any women would love it because you can rent Kimonos. There is a computer, much local info and maps and tea and coffee. There are restaurants open all night near the tram stop.

As I mentioned, the couple that run Kagamiya and very friendly, and when I left my universal power travel adapter attached to the wall after checking out, they mailed it to me at their own expense to my hostel in Fukuoka. I really cannot thank them enough for doing that. Nagasaki is a wonderful place, and I would not hesitate to stay at Kagamiya again, especially if I was a couple looking for an affordable and peaceful experience.

Check Nagasaki Kagamiya Rates and Deals