Nad Narwią

Nad Narwią - the public beach 1 min walk from the hotel

Nad Narwią Ostroleka Reviews

EmyG EmyG
Hotel by the river May 21, 2016
Nad Narwia is a hotel and a restaurant located in Ostroleka, next to the Narew River (that is why it has such a name. Nad Narwia means By the Narew River).

I was a wedding guest of a wedding party that took a place here. Nad Narwia is quite a popular place to organize a wedding party. It has two ball rooms destined for such occasions. I did not stay here for the night, however newlyweds booked the rooms for guests to have a decent place to rest during the evening and the night, so I spent some time in one of the rooms.

The hotel has a nice location, just next to the river and a public beach is like 1 minute walk from it. There is even a small pier with wooden benches. The hotel has a terrace with tables and umbrellas, from where you can see the river and the view is really nice, especially in a sunny weather. However ... the hotel is not fenced from the river side so the guests who had too many drinks and can not control themself too well, could easily fall into the water. Narew is not so deep, but still it is pretty dangerous I think. The second thing is that the hotel is located under a bridge. It is not a nice bridge. It is a very old and quite noisy bridge. You almost heard the "sounds of war" when the big trucks pass it, and a lot of them pass it since it is a main transit road used by cars and trucks wanting to get to Eastern Europe. The best aspect of this bridge, is the view from it onto the hotel and the Narew river. It is really nice.

The room was quite small and decorated ala Barbie style. Too sweet to my liking. Maybe it was designed for a wedding night. The other room I saw was very basic. The rooms looked clean. Since the music was quite loud I could not check if the trucks passing the bridge would make a noise. But I guess they would. The hotel is supposed to be two star, but it does not look like a hotel of such a class.

The restaurant is big and serves delicious food. Since I was a wedding guests I tried the wedding menu, but it is the same cook, so I guess the regular food is as good as the wedding one.

It is quite hard to reach the hotel if you do not know the city. There is no good road leading to it. You need to first drive a maze of small roads, then pass levees. The road to the hotel leads next to the river and is made of big, concrete and corroded boards. The hotel has a huge parking lot, and if it would be not enough, then there is plenty of place to park under the bridge and around.

The hotel could be a good choice for those staying in the city shortly. However I think it is mostly used by the wedding guests.
Nad Narwią
Narew River
anupa_rk says:
So picturesque! I love it!
Posted on: Jun 11, 2016
monkeymia79 says:
I do love the deck leading to the river, would be lovely for al fresco dining.

P.S. If I go there I will remember the mozzie repellent. lol
Posted on: May 22, 2016
Ils1976 says:
looks like an amazing place!
Posted on: May 22, 2016