Nacogdoches Seafood Restaurant

(936) 560-4044
Nacogdoches Seafood Restaurant - Nacogdoches Seafood
Nacogdoches Seafood Restaurant - shrimp & fries
Nacogdoches Seafood Restaurant - customers
Nacogdoches Seafood Restaurant - My fish on a garlic sauce! Delicious!
Nacogdoches Seafood Restaurant - Sign
Nacogdoches Seafood Restaurant - Front

Nacogdoches Seafood Restaurant Reviews

walterman9999 walterma…
Return to Nacogdoches Seafood, Nacogdoches, Texas USA Dec 05, 2016
We were in a mood for jumbo shrimp so we went back to Nacogdoches Seafood Restaurant on US 59 just 200 feet South of loop 224 on the east side. With the heavy traffic and permenant construction it makes in a little difficult making a left turn going in or out of the restaurant. Because of the traffic fewer people eat there and maybe in the future they will go out of business. There is fast friendly service there.

We got our usual six piece jumbo shrimp with a small salad. The salad with dressing got to our table quickly. The fried jumbo shrimp was not far off and very good. The fries were OK. This was a good eating experience.
Nacogdoches Seafood
customers
shrimp & fries
montecarlostar montecar…
Ok sea food while on the road Apr 24, 2012
I was very hungry while driving to Nacogdoches (the Texan version of Natchitoches, and believe it or not, both words are pronounced the same -Nah-keh-dosh-) and I remembered there was a quite good and authentic Mexican restaurant in the area, so I was looking for it. I actually found it, but the bussiness was closed, so I started looking for options in the surroundings.

I found this seafood place, but I wasn't too thrilled about going there as I really was in the mood for some quesadillas, but I didn't seem to have a better option.

As soon as I got in I was greeted by a very nice lady who was calling me baby and sweety and stuff. I usually don't like staff to be so affective, but I guess in some places in the south it is like that. Anyway, I got my menu and I noticed they have different kinds of fish than you would normally see in a restaurant, mostly local ones. I can't remember which one I ordered, but I just remember it was prepared with a garlic sauce and it was really good. The fish also came with a salad and a baked potato, so I was really full when I finished.

A funny note is that a couple of Russian guys arrived at the restaurant while I was having lunch and they were having a hard time trying to communicate with the first waitress (she was African American), so she sent another waitress (a Chinese girl) to take care of them. They were insistently trying to order items that were not in the menu (probably because they couldn't read it) and the girl was trying hard and in the most nice manner to make them understand that they did not prepare those dishes and was trying to give them plenty of options, which didn't seem to make them satisfied. They finally settled down for a gumbo bowl (I wonder if they knew what it was) and the discussion ended. Then the girl went to the kitchen and started speaking perfect Spanish with the cook! Haha I had never seen an Asian person speak Spanish so fluently! I wanted to ask her how she spoke such a good Spanish, but I guess I was a bit shy.

Anyway, this restaurant is a good stop if you are hungry and driving through Nacogdoches like I was.
My fish on a garlic sauce! Delicio…
Front
Sign
montecarlostar says:
Hmm yeah could be, you are right... but I think I would have noticed an accent, and she sounded like Mexican accent to me. I don't know haha maybe it would have been best to just ask her :) lol
Posted on: Apr 27, 2012
histas says:
maybe philipino , coz some of them speaking spanish very well.
Posted on: Apr 27, 2012
montecarlostar says:
Lol I must confess that I just thought that because of the looks, but she might have been from other Far East country, or maybe her parents or grandparents :)
Posted on: Apr 26, 2012