336 OFarrell St , San Francisco, CA, USA
(415) 346-1443

Naan-N-Curry San Francisco Reviews

nirmay nirmay
Awesome Indian food in downtown SF Oct 06, 2011
Being an Indian, I dont prefer eating Indian food when I am travelling outside, love trying out different cuisines and definitely the local stuff. But, This place is worth visiting for everyone who loves Indian food. The non-veg stuff is extra-ordinary and the location is superb. The downside is probably the ambience. They offer unlimited buffet and the chicken tikka is the most recommended.
worldcitizen worldcit…
Nov 19, 2007
There are several Naan-N-Curry's in the Bay Area, but this is specifically for the 24 hour location in downtown San Francisco.

This is an ugly and dirty looking restaurant. When you walk up to it, you are greeted by huge fans that attempt to blow the curry scented air out of the restaurant and into the street. I don't understand this. The cashier gave us a dirty look while we looked at the menu and decided what to order. He obviously thought we were taking too long. When we ordered, he was condescending and grumpy. It's fast-food style and you get your own water and silverware and pay before you eat.

The food was quick and not all that bad. It's cheap- there are no entrees over $10. Most are somewhere between $2-$6. The entrees don't come with anything and most people eat their food with naan which is $1-$3. The naan is good. And the chai is free.

I wouldn't recommend this restaurant for a special occasion or a romantic dinner, but if you want something quick and cheap or are drunk and craving curry at 3am, you should give it a try.
thenewextrememimi says:
I loved the Naan n Curry in Berkeley -- never went to the O'Farrel one -- sounds like that location doesn't really cut it.
Posted on: Dec 09, 2007
worldcitizen says:
Hahaha- "intestinal distress". I've heard of people getting intestinal distress from the O'Farrell location too, but I made it out without any problems.
Posted on: Nov 20, 2007
leah151 says:
I've tried both the Naan N Curry on 9th & Irving & the newer one on Van Ness. Never had a problem on Irving but for some reason, every single time I've gone to Van Ness (apparently I don't learn), I have 'intestinal distress' within the hour after eating. I've tried eating there at least a dozen times since my co-workers like the place and it never bodes well for me. As of last week, I've given up on the place. I love their food but it obviously doesn't feel the same about me! ;o)
Posted on: Nov 20, 2007