Na Zdrowie - The Polish Bar

11 Little Turnstile, London, United Kingdom

Na Zdrowie - The Polish Bar London Reviews

lisalush lisalush
Sep 13, 2006
The coolest little Vodka bar in the city boastingover 100 different Vodka flavours. The name Na Zdrowie means Cheers in Polish.

Its situated in a little old English type side street just off High Holborn giving the bar a real cosy feel. The decor is a kind of dated modern and there is some very average art on walls. Despite this the bar has a real comfortable feel. You would think it would just be full of suits from the offices around Holborn but the mix of people is eclectic. It has a little sign out the front requesting no work boots be worn inside the bar... which makes me wonder if bare feet would be permitted.

The Vodka menu is extensive and bizarre. I don't think I've had the same voddy twiceHere's a few examples:

Zlota Woda - vodka flecked with gold leaf, infused with aniseed and herbs

Czarna Porzeczka - sweet blackcurrant vodka

Mysliwska - vodka flavoured with juniper berries

Neibieskie Migdaly - blue almond vodka

Jarzebiak - rowanberry flavoured vodka

The man who owns the place is the best person to be served by and is happy to advise you on which mixer to have with which voddy.

About £2 per shot and £2.60 for a mixed drink its probably the best priced vodka you'll have any night of the week in London. Oooh and they have great Polish sausages too! The food menu is quite limited but sticks to traditional Polish fare and the few things I had were fantastic.

Open till 11 and easy to get to from Holborn tube its a must!
ophirh says:
damn i wish i knew about this place before I left england
Posted on: Sep 14, 2006
Amanda says:
I know I just gave you a "smile" for this review, but it was a grudging one. This review puts me in a bad mood, as I think of going there WITHOUT you in 3 months. WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT?????? Life is so unfair.... Leave me a silly note taped behind one of the "average" pieces of artwork, and I'll see if it's still there when I go....
Posted on: Sep 13, 2006
travelman727 says:
Lisa, thanks for the great review! I know you're getting ready to go back home; I promise I'll toast you with "Na Zdrowie" when I visit the Polish Bar!
Posted on: Sep 13, 2006