NYLO Dallas Las Colinas

NYLO Dallas Las Colinas Rates and Deals

NYLO Dallas Las Colinas Irving Reviews

Vikram Vikram
It's OK to be a snob! Oct 23, 2011
When I was living in Las Colinas, I noticed this rather ugly building being built in the middle of nowhere. Who'd want to build a hotel in the semi dry lands of Las Colinas I thought? Well, that was 2007. 5 yrs later, by which time I had moved to Seattle but here I was, back in Dallas, on a business trip and I got to stay in the hotel that made me question its purpose from day one.

What NYLO proves to us is it's ok to be elitist, it's infact amazing to be a snob and it's perfectly acceptable to spend a week in a cool 70s retro New York style hotel that has a mural of Bob Dylan and Marley portraits in black and white, an elaborate swing, and series of "objects" that pass off as chairs, in the most ostensible colours ever.

And then there's my room - no paint on the walls, no tiles, and a curtain that deceptively covers 1 part of the wall. The beds are comfortable, planked by 2 long lamps and my room was overlooking the swimming pool which, was a sight in itself - the deck, and another deck, and the most colour coordinated blue-white lazy chairs and pool beds I've ever seen. If you're a glutton for luxury, then you found your Mecca.

So why is the rating a lot lesser than one would've expected? You'd think I'd be slathering all over it and marking it 5 stars... Sadly, the service leaves a lot to be desired. I had to call up 3 times in a span of 30 minutes to order room service (I ordered their below average chocolate lava cake). What's even worse is that they don't apologise... they just give whimsy excuses for why they were "delayed" in room service. And then I specifically requested that they fill up upto 4-5 tea bags as part of housekeeping (I drink lots of tea), but they very parsimoniously replaced it with TWO teabags (huh?!) a day.

The breakfast buffet is about average. I'd have appreciated it if they had labelled the items so I know what's veg. Plus, they always seem to be short staffed. They don't stock teabags so if you're a tea drinker like me, good luck with the wait. It was a bit inconvenient having my colleagues wait 10-15 mins for me (in the morning) after b'fast as I was waiting for my teabags (Is it just me or is tea really unpopular in the US?!)

But despite all of this, I'd love to stay here again. For the sheer luxury of staying in a hotel in Texas that's a tribute to bohemian New York, and for a week I felt like an snobby ARSEWIPE telling fellow colleagues I was staying "down the road at Nylo".
My bedroom
The couch in my room (notice walls…
My bedroom (you can spot my laptop)
The poolside
westwind57 says:
nicely written review! :)
Posted on: Jun 04, 2012

NYLO Dallas Las Colinas Overview

Offering stunning views of the pool and the courtyard, the NYLO Dallas Las Colinas is located in Greenville Avenue of Irving. The hotel offers well-appointed rooms with air conditioning and complimentary wireless internet.

The NYLO Dallas Las Colinas offers a convenient 24-hour reception as well as a golf course, conference room(s) and an outdoor heated pool for its guests. Facilities at the hotel include a business centre, meeting rooms and a concierge. There is an atm / cash machine within the hotel. Grapevine Mills Shopping Mall, American Airlines C.R. Smith Museum and Bear Creek Golf Club are within a 20 minute drive from the hotel.

Families can rest assured there is enough space for them to spread out in the large family-friendly rooms. Each room has amenities such as a flat-screen TV, a safe and cable / satellite channels. Each room has a kitchenette with a microwave. Also included in the rooms are complimentary toiletries, a refrigerator and tea and coffee making facilities.

Guests wishing to socialise can take advantage of the NYLO Dallas Las Colinas's bar, located on-site for your convenience.

University of Dallas, Baylor Medical Center at Irving and Harry Hines Boulevard are within driving distance of the NYLO Dallas Las Colinas. The centre of Irving is 20 minutes away by car. Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) is a 20 minute drive from the hotel. Bachman Lake Park, National Scouting Museum and Cinemark IMAX Theatre are a 10 minute drive from the hotel.

NYLO Dallas Las Colinas Amenities

• Ceremonies
  • Custom event planning available
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower