NYC through a teenagers eyes

New York, New York

NYC through a teenagers eyes New York Reviews

jwilsonwsu jwilsonw…
Jun 19, 2007
I have gone to New York City 5 times all before I was 20 years old. I absolutely love this place and I think it is a great place to bring younger adults (13-20). My sister is 3 years younger than me and still has a good time going there. I wouldn't advise taking the kids to the museums or anything because that stuff is boring to us, but take them to the main attractions.

Statue of Liberty - I went before 9/11 and we got to go to the very top. This is definitely something everyone should visit because you really don't understand how big it really is. Plus this is a huge piece of history for the US.

Madame Tussauds Wax Museum - This was definitely one of the most interesting pieces of art I have ever seen. They look so real that if you showed friends and family a picture they would believe you really met that person

Empire State Building - Just an amazing view all the way around. You can really see how tall the buildings in New York really are.

Times Square - Visit this place both during the day and at night. They are two completely different worlds. During the day you see a lot of business men and women as well as tourists. Go to the shops and explore them all because they have some of the coolest store that you will only find there. At night, you see people going to clubs and you see street "vendors." The street "vendors" range from pirated movie seller to spray painting on hats. You can buy almost anything there. The lights are just as amazing, and truly make the night that much better

Central Park - A great way to escape the whole city atmosphere. Beautiful place, in a major metropolitan city. Take a carriage ride too, they are actually pretty fun. Ask to see a condo on the Upper East Side, you will be amazed at how nice and expensive they are.

5th Ave - This is a tricky one. I myself have a fascination with expensive anything but I know others do not. Still a pretty cool place to see and it sure place where you won't have kids asking you to buy anything.

Yankees Game - Even if you don't like baseball this is still one of the coolest things to do. Take a tour of the stadium and get to see Monument Park up close. Go to a game as well. This team is unbelievably good and guaranteed to provide you entertainment.

WTC site - Although no longer there, it is still a must to see. We all know why.

My favorite restaurant: Stage Deli
Hayla says:
As a teenager planning to go there soon this was really helpful and descriptive. thanks.
Posted on: Jun 27, 2008
portia says:
I think one museum of interest to young adults and kids would be the American Museum of Natural History, with all the dinosaur skeletons, sea creatures and minerals and gems, even adults go back again and again.
Posted on: Aug 08, 2007

Check New York Hotel Deals

NYC through a teenagers eyes Map
New York