NYC and the Holidays

New York, New York

NYC and the Holidays New York Reviews

sarah5409 sarah5409
Worst time to go May 14, 2011
If you plan to visit New York try to come during the summer. The city is a mess around Christmas time, there are a ton of tourists and there is gross slush all over the roads and the cars will splash you. There is so much to do over the summer and the parks are always packed with interesting people. I think this is the best time to come, you really get a feel of what nyc is really like.
s7truong s7truong
Nov 14, 2005
NYC just does it well in December. There's no wonder why much of mainstream entertainment about the holidays takes place in NYC. The Christmas lights, the snow, the holiday consumerism... its all here! There's the famous Rockefeller tree (although I think its a bit limp and small). Skating in the park is a perfect date. Virtually every street is well decorated with white (tasteful) lights. Even my apartment up in Harlem has two wreaths up! At the same time, NYC doesnt OVERDO it. I haven't been overwhelmed with Santa climbing the Empire State Building. I already know that January and February will be crummy, since I'll have to deal with the miserable cold without the city's holiday spirit.

Check New York Hotel Deals