NYC Airporter: From JFK to Manhattan

NYC Airporter: From JFK to Manhattan  - View from the bus

NYC Airporter: From JFK to Manhattan New York Reviews

jackygoh1 jackygoh1
Cheap and Efficient Transport Nov 20, 2011
When I arrived at the JFK airport in New York, I was still deciding which transport to take. I didn't really want to take taxi as I was alone and it cost $45 flat fees. Taking the train with a bag, heavy backpack and a big luggage is a chore. I was thinking of either super shuttle bus or air porter bus.

When I saw NY airporter reception, I was told that there was a bus outside and it cost $15.50 from JFK to manhattan. I immediately paid the lady and went out to catch the white and green color bus outside terminal 4. The driver took my luggage when I showed him the ticket and he placed it at the back of the bus.

I didn't need to wait long as I was the last passenger to alight. The ride was smooth and during the journey, I looked at the beautiful scenery of Queens borough.

There is free wi-fi in the bus but I didn't use the computer. There is bus transfer every 30 minutes.

Basically the bus made the first stop at Grand Central terminal. We were told that passengers could take the supershuttle van to reach their hotel within the mid-town area.

The second stop is at Port Authority bus terminal. I alighted, and the driver would bring the luggage to us. I was very pleased with the service and gave him the tip. Since my hotel was only 3 streets away, I just walked from 42nd street to 39th street. It took me about 5 minutes to reach the hotel.

Choose New York airporter especially if your hotel is located near the Grand Central terminal and Port Authority bus terminal. It is fast and efficient. When there is no traffic, it takes about 40 minutes. The return journey from Port Authority to JFK was longer at about 1 hour as traffic was bad.
In the bus
View from the bus
Grand Central Terminal
hayku says:
I would definitely NOT recoomend nyc airporter!

A NYCAIRPORTER EMPLOYEE STOLE MY IPHONE! After leaving my iPhone on a nycairporter bus (admittedly, my mistake) that dropped me off at LaGuardia airport, my phone was stolen by a nycairporter employee. After getting off the bus and immediately realizing I had forgotten my iPhone, I called the customer service line and was told that they had found it and they would mail it to me. After going back and forth for days, they now say that they do not have the phone and higher management refuses to take my calls or answer my emails. I was told by a helpful employee (the one and only after many phone calls) that this has happened 3 – 4 times in the few years that he has worked there. Please do not give this company your money while they’re encouraging theft by not taking action!
Posted on: Jun 10, 2014