NY State Fair

www.nysfair.org/fair - (800) 475-FAIR or (315) 487-7711

NY State Fair Syracuse Reviews

smhirsch smhirsch
Aug 26, 2007
Every year from late August until Labor Day, the New York State Fair is held for 12 days in Syracuse, NY. Seeing as I go to school at Syracuse University, and that I keep receiving free tickets because I'm an Orientation Leader, I've gone the past 3 years. However, if you're not lucky enough to get yourself a free ticket to the Fair, there are $2 off coupons all over Syracuse around the time of the Fair and it's under $10 (free for kids I think...). Parking is $5 and they just started letting people pay to park with their EZ Pass.

I love going to the Fair...even if it's just for a few hours like I did this year. What's at the NY State Fair? Lots of stuff...

~Concerts with big names like Lynyrd Skynyrd, Brad Paisley, Kenny Chesney, Hootie and the Blowfish, etc.

~Food from Dinosaur BBQ and Gianelli Sausage. My favorite, however, is the giant turkey leg you can only find at two or three concession stands...and there's nothing like fresh kettle corn. You can also get just about any type of fried food you could want: chicken, dough, oreos, cheesecake, and more.

~Clothes, souvenirs, etc. (and free stuff, too!)

~Cows, pigs (which I heard were really cute this year), goats, sheep, horses, dogs, etc. There's also a tent with both small and large predatory birds. This year there was even a bald eagle.

~Amazing sculptures...like the huge sand sculpture in the John Deere Horticulture Building as well as the butter sculpture (kind of gross when you think about it...so don't...) in the building with all the dairy food (I forget the name...ah well).

Related Travel Blogs About NY State Fair

New York State Fair
    Every year from late August until Labor Day, the New York State Fair is held in Syracuse, NY. Seeing as I go to school at Syracuse University, and that I keep receiving free ticket…State Fair is held in Syracuse, NY. Seeing as I go to school at Syracuse University, and that I keep…

Check Syracuse Hotel Deals