NOBU London

19A Old Park Lane, London, United Kingdom

NOBU London Reviews

Ireneyhl Ireneyhl
"A dish to die for" - Nobu's Black Cod with Miso May 31, 2011
It's a costly £32 a piece probably cos it's a 1-star Michelin restaurant but well worth the money as the taste is just soooo very good. It's one of those fish that even a non-fish eater will enjoy! I have tried the black cod with miso at many different Japanese restaurants in the UK and other countries (Michelin Star ones included) but none even come close to the taste of Nobu's Black Cod with Miso.
Black Cod with Miso at Nobu London
1morespicy 1morespi…
Ideal for special occasions. May 02, 2009
NOBU London opened in 1997 and was the first Asian restaurant to be awarded a Michelin star.

I'm a great believer that you get what you pay for. I like to have a Sushi lunch on a Saturday and normally visit the same place in Soho every week. I go there because the service is very fast, the food is good and it's cheap.

I'd heard about NOBU a few times. There are two restaurants in Central London but the one in Old Park Lane is the only one that's open on a Saturday. So yesterday, thanks to a little pay rise, I made the decision to see how different the food is for the price difference.

It opens for lunch from 12.30-2.30 pm. I got there about 1 pm. The main entrance is just over the road from Hyde Park and after going up a floor I was greeted by a lot of very happy staff. I hadn't booked a table but that didn't seem to an issue. I was seated by the window over looking Hyde Park. The only problem was that the table in front of mine had the loudest diners ever! The place was almost empty so why they needed to shout was beyond me.

Luckily, for my purposeful research, they had my usual dish on the menu. Chirashi. It's served in a deep dish with rice that is then decorated with assorted Sashimi. It seemed to take forever to turn up but when it did it I could immediately see that the fish was of a much higher quality than I usually have.

The service was very friendly but a bit slow. I could've been in and out in 45 minutes but was there for twice that due to long waits between drinks and meals.

For desert I had their white chocolate cake with jasmine ice cream. I think it's actually the nicest desert I've had in my life! It was quite rich but there was just the right amount there. Along with that I had one of their cocktails.

The bill was a shocker but only half of it was food so if I would've stayed off the booze it would've been reasonable. But what's a lunch without a glass of wine or two. Also found out that if you ask for water and don't specify tap you get Fiji.

I would recommend NOBU for a special occasion. It has a nice atmosphere as long as you don't get shouty neighbours. I would say it's the kind of place you save up for and then go all out. Guess where my RAF leaving dinner will be.
nicolecarp says:
NOBU has been a favorite here in Vegas. Recently moved to the Hard Rock Hotel so you know of one place that won't disappoint should you visit here.
Koralifix says:
Congrats on this featured review! Nice job!
KeikoCreative says:
Congrats on being featured!

Check London Hotel Deals