N'Awlins On Montezuma

124 North Montezuma Street, Prescott, AZ, USA

N'Awlins On Montezuma Prescott Reviews

hannajax hannajax
Aug 28, 2006
I am a major fan of cajun and creole cookin', and I can safely say that I have had some greatbayou fare north of the swamps, but this isn't the place.

The restaurant is quite large, but was nevertheless deserted when we walked inside. The only thing suggestive of the New Orleans atmosphere was the jazzy music playing over the speakers.

I was excited to have some crawfish, but was told that the restaurant was out of them! So, I went with the Cajun Chicken Alfredo. I love chicken alfredo, and this particular dish was described as being topped with scallions and finished with hints of cajun spices. What I received was a bowl of fettucini, covered ina runny cream sauce tasting heavily of milk. No chicken, no spices, no scallions, just plain milk and pasta. The friendly server was eager to make amends, but I had to be honest in saying that the pasta was horrid. He apologized by stating that the chef currently training the new cooks was not there that day, and could he recommend something else. Upon that, the manager arrived with sincere apologies, and recommend a dish that wasn't even New Orleans cuisine, but Mexican. The Tequila Chicken Pasta, with chicken, spinach fettuccini, and a garlic cream sauce with tequila. Though it was all right, I was not impressed. Why I didn't just opt for the shrimp etouffe or chicken jambalaya, is beyond me.

However, the entire bill was comped, and the service was fine, but I personally wanted to take a walk back to that kitchen...

Will I ever go back? Probably not.
hannajax says:
thank you, dear...but my trip to chicago would make up for all the bad food i have ever had. get ready to read about grilled ostrich and mississippi quail!
Posted on: Sep 06, 2006
travelman727 says:
My stomach bleeds for you! It's always a downer when your palate gets excited about a certain dish and...WHAM, a bad chef ruins the experience! :-(
Posted on: Aug 28, 2006