Myeong-dong

Myeong-dong - Summer Sale

Myeong-dong Seoul Reviews

YantiSoeparno YantiSoe…
Myeong-dong:: Girl's Shopping Heaven Jul 05, 2012
Myeong-dong is a shopping area where you can find cloths from sold by street vendors until sold in boutiques. There are bags, hats, socks, cosmetics, and other things more sold there. We came here because my daughters wanted to buy K-Pop stuffs (DVD, posters, and other merchandise). The shops are not only on the ground, but also underground integrated with the station. Why I called it Girl's Shopping Heaven, because most of the product sold are for girls :-)

In Visit Korea website it is mentioned that, "Myeong-dong is one of the busiest places in Seoul and is among Korea’s premier shopping destinations." It is true. We came here twice, on the first day in the evening and on the fourth day from morning until afternoon. It was packed of people. But, so far I noticed, most of them are Korean.

We did not enter the boutiques because of our budget. But, there are still more shops to visit with reasonable price. In two days, we ended up with buying K-Pop stuffs, skirt, t-shirt, K-Pop star socks for my daughters and hand bag and umbrella for me :-)

There are also many restaurants and street food hawkers. Unfortunately, we only can eat halal food, so the choices are limited. My daughters really wanted to taste the cold noodle. But, the broth is made of lard, so we cannot eat it. So, we ate ddeokbokki, odeng, gimbap, and drank banana milk on our first visit. On the second visit, we ate twister potato, patbingsu, and pizza at Pizza Hut. It was our first experience with the Korean traditional food and beverage here.

Beside shops and restaurants, there are also several photo boxes. It is very modern, compare to Indonesia, many theme choices, we can decorate the photos, and there are area where we can sit down to cut the photos and share it with friends. I think Korean likes to take pictures with friends and of course girl/boy friends.

How to get here:

Using subway, blue line, alight at Myeong-dong Station. Go out from exit 6. It is closed to the "main entrance" of the area.
Summer Sale