My trip to Pittsburgh, PA

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

My trip to Pittsburgh, PA Reviews

cimtech cimtech
My trip to Pittsburgh, PA Aug 19, 2014
From New Jersey Pittsburgh is a great location for a long weekend or even a weekend trip. It took us about 6 hours drive from Northern New Jersey to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, driving distance was about 370 miles.

Pittsburgh is quite an old city with a history reflected in its old neighborhoods, old buildings, old streets and a reputation for once being the leading steel and glass producing city in the country. Stayed in a hotel not far from the City Center and price was reasonable. Did not have any problem finding a parking spot during the weekend as city was pretty much quite.

Pittsburgh is well know for it’s bridges and they not only play an important role in the transportation system but it’s also spectacular view when you walk down the river bank. Pittsburgh is also known as “The City of Bridges”, study shows that Pittsburgh has 446 bridges.

I have taken the 400 ft incline trip by the funicular/rail car up to Mt. Washington ( was known as Coal Hill) that overlooks downtown Pittsburgh - from the perspective of being more in front of Point State Park. From there enjoyed the view of the north shore, downtown, and the three rivers. Too bad I even planned to go back there after dark but still regret not making it due to some other priorities. I think that might be a reason I will go back to Pittsburgh once more to fulfill my wish.

I enjoyed my trip to Pittsburgh by strolling around the city, long walk by the waterfront, trying out different restaurants around the city, crossing the river on foot and shooting some beautiful pictures.
Point State Park, Pittsburgh
hanleyscot says:
Congrats on your featured review! Great photos, too!
Posted on: Sep 03, 2014
diisha392 says:
Congrats on your feature!
Posted on: Sep 01, 2014
Nana_gincin says:
Still sitting on the bench, I congratulate you on the feature today, more than deserved Hasan! B)
Posted on: Sep 01, 2014