My longest Taxi trip ever in Portugal

Setubal, Portugal

My longest Taxi trip ever in Portugal Setubal Reviews

Chokk Chokk
My longest Taxi trip ever in Portugal Jul 28, 2009
I had been waiting more than two hours for the call. I had hoped that it was good news; that they had found a rental car for me somewhere. The guy in the phone just said he was sorry; there were no rental cars anywhere, maybe not even the day after.

Well I realized that there would be a better chance in Lisbon, so I had to go there. It was not that I disliked Lisbon; I love the city but I was on vacation in Alentejo; and I was just happy that I travelled alone this time.

I told the workshop to call a taxi and they did. Today I realize that I should also have asked them to say where to go.

I waited 10 min outside the garage and there he was. It was an old guy with a big smile on his face; maybe he looked at me and said there is money, but I don’t believe that; he was a nice guy and a friendly one, it was just that he didn’t speak anything else than Portuguese.

I entered the well used Citroén C4 Picasso and started to say that I wanted to go to the ferry to Lisbon. Lisbon he got, which was a start! I tried to point at the boats in the harbour and the ones out on the sea but he looked at me like I was a lost son-in-law; a stupid one. I tried for the most of 10 minutes them I gave up. I had been going on with my car problems for more than 10 hours and I just wanted to find a place to stay for the night.

I told him Lisbon and Rossio; I just wanted to go to the city centre and fast. He looked at me like I was from another planet and asked again; I just said Lisbon and Rossio. We started the trip to the city of Portugal. I was not afraid that I wouldn’t have money enough I had lots of cash on me I had thought I had to pay the garage that day.

We took the motorway and I enjoyed for the first time on this trip to be driven. I looked at the meter and it went very slowly even outside Setubal.

We entered Rossio 35 minutes later and the meter was on 48 €, which was what I sometimes pay from the airport in Brussels to the city centre; this was fair very fair, we had been driving more than 60 km. I gave him 55 €, I had to pay the bridge and the freeway toll as well plus 5 € in tips which I felt he deserved, because I felt already much better than 35 minutes before.
Driving over the bridge in a taxi

Check Setubal Hotel Deals