My hometown...SEAFORD!

Seaford, England

My hometown...SEAFORD! Reviews

rayray rayray
Jul 08, 2007
A quick guide to my hometown of Seaford, nestled nicely between Brighton and Eastbourne on the south coast of England in East Sussex. It has a population of about 30,000 people, and is the 4th largest town in the county!

In my opinion, the best attraction here is the beach. It stretches from Seaford Head in the East, to Newhaven Harbour in the West where you can catch a ferry to Dieppe in France, if you so wish?!. The beach gets very crowded in the summer, and I have found it impossible to park there on many occasions! Seaford is very popular with the tourists, probably because its near to larger towns, like I mentioned above, but its a lot quieter, so more enjoyable. Just down the road towards Eastbourne at a little place called Exceat, is what most the tourists come to visit, the Cuckmere Haven. It is an area of outstanding natural beauty and is a fantastic place for a walk down to the sea. Not a lot of parking though, and again, this gets very crowded with coachloads of tourists!

The town centre has the usual selection of shops, obviously not as much choice as the big cities, but enough to keep you busy for a while! Also, there is still free parking, but make the most of it. Charging is on its way, sadly. There are good public transport links, buses seem to run along the coast every few minutes and London is only a couple of hours away by train, although you will have to change at Lewes.

There are many many things I havent mentioned...South Downs, Seven Sisiters, Martello Tower, The Salts, Tide Mills etc. Maybe I will add more one day. If any of you guys or girls has been to or is coming through Seaford, let me know! I can tell you good places to stay, eat etc. So get in touch, no excuses ha ha!

Enjoy my hometown :-D
Beautiful view of Seaford from Sea…
jenyenh says:
more photos??? and if u manage to find that dessert "spotted Dick" take a photo will u?..hmmm
Posted on: Jul 16, 2007
travelman727 says:
I LOVE SEAFORD! Two of my favorite areas near town: Seven Sisters (including the fake WWII town lights used to confuse the German bombers) and Beachy Head, where I had my first wonderful dessert with a funny name, "Spotted Dick" :-D
Posted on: Jul 08, 2007