My fav places to chill at night in Cairo

Cairo, Egypt

My fav places to chill at night in Cairo Reviews

hossultan hossultan
Good Suchi and Egyptian wine. Oct 23, 2008
It is called "Joe Sushi" it is close to downtown in Zamalek. It serves excellent Sushi and good Egyptian wine. You would pay around 20-30 $ for a glass of wine and alot of Sushi. They also got some chinese dishes.

They will play french music!!!! I do not see the connection between the food and the music but the atmosphere is ok.

Do not order "White fish head" this dish is weird! stick to Sushi only.
sevane sevane
Aug 08, 2007
My fav cafe in Cairo is "C'est la vie". It's located on a place where there's a bunch of other cafes and they all look the same and it's true that they more or less all serve the same stuff, but to me C'est la vie is the best cuz there's an upper floor (like a "loft") and you feel like you're in VIP space, having the view on the ground floor of the cafe. The shisha there were EXCELLENT and I highly recomment the taste called "kantaloop" (I don't know what the hell it is, but I guess it's melon, no Egyptiab hash don't worry! haha). Plus their drinks list is amazing, all the juices you want!! I was always taking or a fresh mango juice (mangos are exceptional in Egy) or milk with honey and almonds (sort of "sahlab" but cold and delicious!).

The cafes that are currently big in Egypt are Cilantro and Costa cafes, you can find them in a lot of places but I'm not so into them cuz u dont find real egyptian stuff and the atmosphere is kinda american (Costa is a but like Starbucks) which is probably why young Egyptians like these ^^

Then for the juices I remember this AMAZING "fast food" that only serves fresh juices. I unfortunately don't remember the name but I know it's on the Ring Road (far from downtown so it only worths it if you got a car there... and u better not!! :)

Concerning the restaurants, l'Aubergine was really nice, the groud floor is calm and classy while the upper floor is more like a bar and the music is really loud (I thought I was in a club!!!) so u better ask for a table on the ground floor and they'll light some candles for u! Really romantic for Cairo (not that much for me, but it can do ;)but kinda expensive. The food was really good though and they serve some sort of French cuisine, so it might be nice if you're fed up with local food after a month (which I was!! :P).
CANOPIEMAN says:
I cant wait to go I am sure I will want to go back 1 day is not enough.
Posted on: Aug 08, 2007