My Kitchen

Franklinstrasse 6 8050 Oerlikon Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
My Kitchen - My Kitchen Sushi platter
My Kitchen - My Kitchen rice with chicken curry and rice with lemongrass chicken
My Kitchen - My Kitchen Lychee juice with fried noodles (fried kwayteow)
My Kitchen - My Kitchen murtabak with rendang and bryani with chicken curry
My Kitchen - My Kitchen sushi

My Kitchen Zurich Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Singapore-Malaysian cuisine in Oerlikon Aug 05, 2014
This is small restaurant located at Zurich-Oerlikon district. Owned by a Singaporean man and his Malaysian wife, they serve mainly Singaporean-Malaysian cuisine.

You can check their facebook page to find more details as they dont have a website.

This restaurant is also a meeting point for many Singaporeans and Malaysians living in Zurich as coming from Asia, we need to eat our spicy hot dishes as compared to the typical Swiss food. There is no fixed menu but everyday there is a board stating the menu for the day for you to select.

I have been here 3 times.

For my first, i had the Fried Kwayteow (thick noodles fried with chicken meat) (CHF23.50). This was heavenly perhaps becos i had not eaten this for more than 1 month since my move to Switzerland. For drinks, i had the lychee which was refreshing and a black tea.

My friend had the sushi platter. it was a huge platter! I am unable to comment on the taste as i am not a sushi fan.

For my second, I had rice with chicken cooked in lemongrass (CHF 26.50). This was delicious except the name wasnt properly translated in the menu. In Singapore/ Malaysia we call it ayam (chicken) masak (cooked in) lemak chili padi (coconut with spicy chili padi). Portion for the chicken is very small, mine you! My husband had the rice with chicken curry.

For my third, I had bryani with chicken curry (CHF26.50). I would not recommend this as this combo doesnt work. The bryani rice doesnt look or taste like bryani. Bryani is a spice. But i guess, westerners would not be able to tell the difference lol! Usually bryani rice is eaten with bryani chicken or bryani beef/ chicken. The curry is not spicy and to me was very bland. I also tried the zitronen-lemongrass juice which the owner kept raving about. This was a disappointment for me as they used a syrup and not authentic real lemongrass.

My husband had the murtabak (a type of crepe with minced meat and onions) with rendang (beef slow cooked in lots of spices, lime leaf, coconut milk). This combo also does not match as rendang is usually eaten with white rice or rice cakes. My husband's verdict was the rendang was nowhere near my mom's rendang lol!

So come here if you are from Spore or Malaysia and you are missing the homeland cuisine..or you are a westerner who want to try out southeast asian food (other than the typical thai or indian cuisine). Its not 100% authentic but if you DO NOT know Spore/Malaysian food like i do, you wont be able to tell the difference and most likely will like it ;-)
My Kitchen Lychee juice with fried…
My Kitchen Sushi platter
My Kitchen rice with chicken curry…
My Kitchen sushi
haidgirl says:
congrats on the great review! : D
Posted on: Aug 09, 2014
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats on a delicious feature!
Posted on: Aug 07, 2014
monky says:
Congrats on your featured review!:D
Posted on: Aug 07, 2014