My Khanh Tourist Village

My Khanh, Vietnam

My Khanh Tourist Village Reviews

TePukeThunder TePukeTh…
A Peaceful Tourist Resort Jun 15, 2011
Only 20 - 30 minutes by motorbike/scooter from Vietnam's southern most capital city Can Tho (Mekong Delta), the My Khanh Tourist Village is a quirky theme park Vietnamese style, offering accommodation, shopping, restaurants, entertainment and animal attractions. There is a small entrance fee and other activities or services within the village must be paid for separately.

The first thing you'll notice when you arrive is the main restaurant. It sits in the middle of a small picturesque lake and is surrounded by lush vegetation. This pagoda like building has traditional Vietnamese architecture and is adorned with beautifully crafted dragons. Serving only authentic Vietnamese food, the prices are cheap, service excellent and the food delicious.

Also at the entrance is the first set of shops selling everything from snacks to hand-carved ornaments. This building also houses the main office where you can pay for your accommodation should you choose to stay.

There are a number of bungalows available for accommodation. I didn't stay overnight so I can't really comment on them but they are central to everything. If you don't feel like walking, there's the option of a mule drawn carriage that they offer for a small fee.

There is a large section of canals cordoned of for the many crocodiles they have and you can get very close to the ones that choose to bask beside the fencing. The highlights of the animal attractions are the pig racing and dog shows. They're quite entertaining and they run the shows a number of times during the day.

There are the resort swimming pools which looked very clean and well maintained. A traditional Vietnamese house/museum, beautiful gardens and fruit trees to walk amongst, live traditional Vietnamese music, cafes, more shops and statues to have your picture with (including a beautiful golden Buddha) round out this excellent resort.

If you're in the area I would recommend seeing it for yourself.
The traditional Vietnamese house/m…
The golden Buddha and tree
TePukeThunder says:
Thanks for the kind words Bro. I hope you have a great time in Vietnam. It was very humbling and made me realise how much we take for granted in life. Ka kite ano
Posted on: Jul 06, 2012
Rover57 says:
Hey Karl, I enjoyed reading this. Well written, you have a great writing style, keep these coming my friend. I will use this as research for when I visit Vietnam, hopefully later this year. Cheers.
Posted on: Jul 06, 2012
TePukeThunder says:
Thanks Brian. I happy you enjoyed the review :)
Posted on: Jul 05, 2012

Compare Can Tho Hotel Rates (9.1km away)

My Khanh Tourist Village Map