My Hotel at Brickfields

My Hotel at Brickfields Rates and Deals

My Hotel at Brickfields Kuala Lumpur Reviews

tour_guy tour_guy
Good budget hotel near public transportation Jan 20, 2013
This was my second stay at My Hotel chain and I was pleasantly surprised with this specific hotel located at Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur because of its very close proximity to all major transportation such as KL Sentral station, KL Mono rail station and bus connections to LCCT, KLIA airports and even for local bus commutes. Moreover, the rates were very reasonable for such budget type hotel and the quality.

The hotel itself is located on a small yet busy street, where there are few small restaurant and shops are adjacent to it and it only takes less than 10 mins walk to KL Sentral station by walk. The sidewalk from the KL Sentral station is perfect to reach the hotel, which starts from the bus terminal at street level.

The hotel interior and exterior looks new and clean as it one of the new additions to the My Hotel chain around KL. The staff was very friendly and helpful during check-in process, which I guess is a standard for My Hotel chains.

The room was I given was small for a double bed, but it looked modern, well kept and clean. I was very satisfied with the room conditions and I felt this hotel was much better than the My Hotel @ Sentral, where I stayed on my previous trip. Even though the room looked small, there was enough place to store luggage and move around.

The room I chose did not have windows and so the rate was little less than rooms with windows. I had a queen sized bed which was comfortable with clean sheets and pillows.

The amenities included a LCD TV mounted on the wall, electric water kettle, phone, air conditioner, complimentary water bottles, tea/coffee, small work desk with a chair, free wi-fi, hot shower, bath and hand towels.

The bathroom looked typical Asian standard for its size but was very clean. The only thing that was a concern was the shower area being very near to the toilet without any curtain or separation, causing water spill all over when taking shower. Unlike in the My Hotel @ Sentral, this hotel's hot shower is provided with a self adjustable temperature setting making it a perfect for warm/hot shower. There is also a tour/travel desk to provide assistance on day trips and package tours.

There is nothing more can be expected if everything is available around the hotel within few minutes walk. Since location being well connected by public transportation, a short train or bus ride gets pretty much anywhere around KL. There is a 7-Eleven, Oldtown white coffee shop, supermarket, many inexpensive restaurants within walking distance.

This hotel is well worth for the money and I would definitely consider staying in future. I could also recommend this hotel for solo, backpackers and even for family travelers.

Please keep in mind that cash payment will not be accepted during check-in, to substitute the credit card booking from their own website. It's their policy to charge the card for room payment, but they will accept cash for a refundable key deposit which is RM20.

My Hotel at Brickfields Overview

Discover all that Kuala Lumpur has to offer with My Hotel @ Brickfields as a base. All of the hotel's 47 guestrooms are equipped with standard in-room amenities to ensure the maximum comfort for its guests. Room amenities include non smoking rooms, air conditioning, desk, hair dryer, ironing board, television LCD/plasma screen, shower, satellite/cable TV.Guests can experience the high standards of comfort while staying at this luxury Kuala Lumpur hotel with everything they need right on the site such as elevator, safety deposit boxes, WiFi , family room. Along with its convenient location in Kuala Lumpur, the hotel also offers a wide range of services and facilities to the guests. For your reservation at the My Hotel @ Brickfields, simply submit your dates and complete our secure online booking form.

My Hotel at Brickfields Amenities

• Coffee / Tea Maker
  • Hair Dryer
  • TV
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower