My Hotel @ Sentral

My Hotel @ Sentral Rates and Deals

My Hotel @ Sentral Kuala Lumpur Reviews

tour_guy tour_guy
Decent budget hotel near KL Sentral station Mar 26, 2012
My Hotel @ Sentral is one of the budget hotels run by the My Hotel chain around Kuala Lumpur. This hotel is very close to KL Sentral train station as it is less than 10mins walk, however, if you have heavy luggage, it is not easy to walk on the sidewalk as the way is narrow, uneven and crowded sometimes.

A taxi from KL Sentral to the hotel would cost about RM6.00-RM8.00 and it will just take about 5mins, based on the traffic. If you are just traveling with a backpack and/or another small bag, I would suggest to just follow the direction to the monorail station from KL station, and once you get out of the station complex using the sidewalk(about 5mins walk), and get to the main road intersection, you should be able to see the hotel sign board on the street corner, on the opposite side, near the traffic light.

The hotel is located on a busy street and could be easily spotted with their red colored sign boards. There are many restaurants, coffee shops and stores just adjacent to the hotel building. Another good thing about the location is the close proximity to the monorail station and the bus junction.

I requested for the early check-in at 9AM, but the staff told me that they did not get that request. But they were ready to accommodate, but unfortunately non of the rooms were readily available for check-in because of the busy holiday weekend. After few minutes of discussion and for the fact that I was only there for a day, they came with an option of giving me a partially cleaned/kept room! Since I didn't have any choice, I agreed to take the room. However, they offered fresh towels and stuff.

The staff seemed to be friendly and accommodating, and they even felt bad to put me through such a situation! My plan was only to use the bathroom and head out soon, and check-out the room in the evening to head to my next destination.

The room I was given looked cramped with double bed, but looked modern and cozy. The room had a small LCD TV mounted on the top the wall, a working desk, free wi-fi, kettle for hot water, coffee/tea supplies, complimentary water bottles, small closet, no windows, decent bathroom with a semi transparent glass door. The bathroom had a window and I found that to be little privacy issue if kept opened fully! And I was able to hear sounds from other rooms from the bathroom!

There was no bathtub, so it was a stand-up shower on the corner of the bathroom. There was soap and shampoo dispenser attached to the wall and a small washbasin in the center of the bathroom. I tried so hard to get some hot water from the shower, but never succeeded. The time I took shower the water was not warm enough for me and it often became cold.

Since I did not stay here longer, I can't write much about this place. What I felt is, it should be a decent place if you are solo or a couple on a short stay looking for an inexpensive stay close to major public transportation.

*Tip: There are non-stop express trains from KL international airport(KUL) to KL Sentral station. The adult one way fare is RM 35.00 and the travel time is less than 30mins. If you opt for cheaper option, then take the airport express bus which only cost about RM10.00, but might take about 1hr depending on the traffic.
westwind57 says:
Found it Jay, and now I know where it is! Last time I was in KL for business I stayed in Le Meridien at Central (for private I would make more economic choice though) and I could actually see it from my room, just behind the Monorel :)
Posted on: Jun 03, 2012
nik2blessed says:
you wrote enough, you didnt have to elaborate it was a good review I thought
Posted on: Mar 25, 2012
dear77 dear77
Accommodation in Kuala Lumpur Mar 11, 2012
Here in Kuala Lumpur now and staying at Myhotel KL Sentral. Service is good and price is reasonable to manage expenses and very close to City center and down town.

Others possible options for accommodation are YMCA, Summer View, myhotel brickfield, some near KLCC. Room tariff would be between Malay Ringgit 110 to 160 but weekend price may go higher. For weekend stay, it is better to have reservation to avoid crowd and "'Sorry"' from the counter staff with smiling face.
jlchatham jlchatham
Mar 01, 2010
Really nice facilities with a perfect location next to KL Sentral for anyone trying to catch an early flight. Walls were thin, though, and the doors slam a bit so it seemed quite loud at night with other's comings and goings. Other than that, nice, clean, and a convenient location. Paid 98 MYR for it.

My Hotel @ Sentral Overview

My Hotel @ Sentral is sitting right in Brickfields and in the vicinity of KL Sentral Station, this property offers easy access to commercial hub, a variety of shopping malls, and financial district of Malaysia. Indeed a great location, guests can also take the sky train to all the popular places around the city. Apart from its excellent location, My Hotel @ Sentral features luxurious and modernly designed rooms, and possess all the facilities necessary for giving a great stay. An ideal location for both leisure and business, this property also has a variety of rooms and suites that caters to different needs. Guests staying at My Hotel @ Sentral will be thrilled with facilities like LCD television, en-suite bathroom, high speed internet and complimentary in room drinks. All things considered, My Hotel @ Sentral is worth a visit! This description is based on information provided by the hotel.

My Hotel @ Sentral Amenities

• Shower
  • En suite
  • Private Bathroom
  • Coffee Shop/Cafeteria
  • Security and video surveillance in public areas
  • Luggage Storage