My Favorite Desserts in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
My Favorite Desserts in Singapore Reviews
Jun 15, 2007
I don't know what's up with me.. but I've been hungry all day, and I was thinking of all the desserts I love on my train ride home. My stomach growled badly as the thoughts grew wild, and I could not help but buy a slice of marble cheesecake, to accompany me through the movie that I'd lie watching on my cosy sofa in awhile :)
So here's a list of the favorites: Prices do differ greatly, but then, what sin could it be to lust over desserts, nurture a little of sweetness, and soak in sweet decadence? Yummmyy.....
1. Soft Centred Chocolate Cake with Hazelnut Gelato from Menotti $7.
2. American Cheesecake from CoffeeBean $5.
3. Apple Tart from Cafe Amigo $11
4. Bailey's Souffle from Le Pont de Vie $15
5. Strawberries Mille Feuille from Grand Hyatt Free! Because my fav pastry pal creates it for me :)
6. Mango with Pomelo and Aloe Vera(Uniquely Singaporean Chinese Dessert)from a quaint little stall on Temple St in Chinatown $2
7. Crepe Suzette made by Josiah - can't taste it anymore, the restaurant closed down :(
8. Banana and chocolate waffle with vanilla ice-cream from Marche $9
9. Tiramisu from Raffles Hotel's Bar and Billiard Room - on the buffet $60 price sucks! :p
10. Lychee and Passionfruit Combi Sorbet from Hokkaido Ice-cream Stall at Central in Clarke Quay $5.50
11. Hazelnut Gelato from Gelatissmo $4
12. Chocolate Mint and Oatmeal Chunk Ice-cream from Ben & Jerry's $8
13. Dessert Platter - Comprising of White Chocolate Mousse, Summer Berries Parfait, Soft-centred Chocolate Cake, 3 scoops of Ice-Cream, Almond and Berries Tart from Mezza9 Grand Hyatt $ 16 per person
14. Chocolate Decadence (Brownies and Cookie Chunks with Chocolate Ice-Cream) from Gatsby in Chijmes $10
15. Macaroons of all flavors from Bakerz Inn - $1.50 each
16. The roadside local ice-cream in multi flavors wrapperd in bread, found along all of Orchard Road $2
17. My daily dose of Chocolate Croissants from Grand Hyatt - free! Because the pastry kitchen's few steps away from me :p
I'm bad with directions, so please use a map and with luck and wished, I'm sure you'd find some sweet decadence somewhere in my tiny island :)
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!