My Dream Destination

My Dream Destination - kalahari desert

My Dream Destination Kalahari Reviews

irmayu irmayu
I wanna go here...MY DREAM DESTINATION Jan 25, 2009
I've NEVER been in Kalahari Desert.

But I am in love in deserts since I’ve been in Sahara. So, Kalahari is my dream destination. I read that it is not desert in meter of speaking because it receives too much rain. There are no tall sand dunes. But in Tunisia I've seen several types of desert, and I love every one. So, I think to myself, I will love Kalahari in every way. Out there dunes are red. It seams like challenge for photo shooting. The Kalahari Desert covers the western part of Namibia, a large part of Botswana, and north-western South Africa north of the Orange River.

I do some research how to get there. Air Namibia has regular direct flights from Frankfurt to Windhoek. For example, return ticket with taxes will cost me 1.151,03 euro. Hmm, that is expensive for me now.

I am interested in camps situated in Namibia’s National Parks. No, I do not want to hunt. I will love to visit the Bushmen in the Kalahari. Bushmen are nomadic hunter-gatherer people. Since these people lived in relative isolation in the Kalahari, they still have some specific cultural and linguistic characteristics. And it’s amazing me. It is so called “click” language. Different click languages are spoken by different groups of Bushmen. I remember that first time I hear that language is in movie named “The Gods Must Be Crazy”. Because of that film and experience in Sahara, I would like to visit that magic place.

These PICtures are from internet,

THEY ARE NOT MADE BY MYSELF,

... I decide to put them here because I want to show beauty of Kalahari.
red dunes in kalahari desert (i d…
bushman (i didn't take this pic)
bushmans (i didn't take this pic)
main road (i didn't take this pic)
redzzed says:
I like the bushmens' photos even tho u didnt take them , somehow photos of locals says so much more .
Posted on: Jan 30, 2008
kristinasub says:
Take me with you when you to attend to go :o))
please, please, please ... and leave me there :-)
Posted on: Jan 24, 2008
Ferreira says:
a long time ago saw some docu about it...
since then the Kalahari has stayed in my mind too :-)
Posted on: Jan 19, 2008