Muzeum Restaurant & Bar

016-678 4096

Muzeum Restaurant & Bar Puchong Reviews

trippin_jen trippin_…
Muzeum Restaurant & Bar Mar 13, 2016
This wasn't our first choice but we went in anyway because the air-conditioning seemed better than the others and their live band was going to start earlier than the rest. Before we went in we checked if their band sings Chinese or English songs and we were told they were going to sing Chinese. Ok...my friends wanted Chinese, I wanted air-conditioning, and so we went in.

We made our orders and soon enough the band started singing. My friends and I exchanged looks, said nothing, but we knew what were on our minds. "Oh God" is probably the only way we could express how we felt the moment they started singing. These singers were obviously Chinese speaking bunch, that's why when they started singing English numbers, well, try to imagine.

The whole time we only hoped they'd stop singing. Music was too loud for us and it would be much better if we sat outdoor, but that would mean no air-conditioning... grrr... Either way we were stuck.

Our drinks came. I ordered Pina Colada which tasted like diluted ice. My friends' drinks also tasted horrible. 2 alcoholic drinks and 1 non-alcoholic drink costs us about MYR 50. Which was quite the "normal" price for places like this.

My friend couldn't stand the singing any longer and said that we should quickly finish our drinks and hop to the first bar that we came across. I seriously wouldn't mind hopping, except, we already prepared a surprise birthday cake for her and the waiter was supposed to bring it over later. So my other friend and I tried to drink as slowly as we could until the cake came.

So we got the band to sing birthday song for my friend but I was worried it would sound horrible too. But then again, how difficult is it to sing a birthday song right? Finally they sang, and boy was I glad they sang it in Chinese because it sounded much better! To my surprise, we passed them the cake with a normal candle but they presented us with a fountain candle which made the atmosphere more fun. For this, I have to give them credit.

So overall, the only highlight was the fountain candle and the birthday song, everything else was disappointing. Maybe next time they should just stick to singing Chinese songs.
callufrax says:
In about five years time. :) It's a long ride from Kathmandu!
trippin_jen says:
Thanks Stephen!:) when are you coming?
callufrax says:
Congrats on the feature! If this place is still open, by the time I get there, I think I'll give it a miss. :)

Check Puchong Hotel Deals