Mustard Seed Cafe

Mustard Seed Cafe - SPINACH AND MUSHROOM QUICHE

Mustard Seed Cafe Los Angeles Reviews

TRE69 TRE69
Brunch...Fresh and Tasty May 11, 2008
Mustard Seed Cafe is a charming but small establishment on Hillhurst Ave. in the Los Feliz neighborhood.

Since we got there before the masses of Los Feliz hipsters awake for Sunday brunch, we had a choice of indoor or outdoor seating. While it was a beautiful May day outside, I left it up to my mom and Auntie G to choose as it was in fact Mother's Day. They choose inside because it would noisy with the cars zooming past outside.

The food at Mustard Seed Cafe is good home cooking with fresh ingredients. Since this is LA, the menu has something for everyone...the hearty eaters to those watching their waistlines...from pancakes, waffles and omelets to low carb, low fat and high protein dishes.

My mom raved about the crispness of her bacon and lightness and fluffiness of the pancakes.

Auntie G loved the Cajun flavors mixed with her eggs and pasta dish.

I loved the hollandaise sauce on my Eggs Benedict. Plus the fresh fruit salad was very sweet and refreshing.

The Mustard Seed Cafe is the type of neighborhood joint that you can be leisurely and relax.

The only problem is the parking because parking along Hillhurst is limited so you have to park in the surrounding neighborhood streets. And if you aren't adept in parallel parking, it will be a nightmare.

Arrive fairly early for brunch between 9am and 11am to get a table with little to no wait time. After 11am, GOOD LUCK!
Mom and her Pancakes breakfast
Auntie G with her Pasta Pasta
My Eggs Benedict
mellemel8 mellemel8
Jul 22, 2007
Another great afternoon on Hillhurst. this is a great place to go after the gym. my cousin and his girlfriend invited me for brunch. we settled down inside and was greeted by a fabulous server. she was super cool.

I ordered spinach and mushroom quiche. it was a good size slice of it.

The food was so yummy, the potatoes were amazing.

Overall I recommend this spot for yummy food on Hillhurst and very pleasant server views. great place to hang out on a sunday afternoon. there is always a line outside for breakfast. seats are limited.
SPINACH AND MUSHROOM QUICHE