Samoilova (just across the entrance of Kale), Skopje, Macedonia
Mustafa Pash Mosque - The construction

Mustafa Pash Mosque Skopje Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice mosque but under repair Aug 19, 2010
This mosque was originally built back in 1492 on the order of Mustafa Pasha while he was Vizier of Skopje. While I was visiting the church it was more or less a building site, so I had unfortunately not the luck to go inside. I don’t think it was the meaning that I should be walking around there, but when would I be back?

The entrance to the mosque which was what they were restoring, consists of a four pillar porch which is crowned with 3 cupolas; the ceilings of those 3 are marvellous with clear blue paint against the white background. I tried to get some shots at them most of it was blocked.

The minaret is seen from almost all over the old town and from across the river; it is 124 steps up to the top. I don’t know when the restoration is terminated but then it will definitely be worth a visit.
The minaret
The flip side
Chokk says:
Yeah you are right there are loads of great ones :)
Posted on: Oct 03, 2013
el_wray says:
In Balkans, the biggest and the most impressive mosque is probably Gazi Husrev Bey mosque at Sarajevo. However, in Turkey you can see the most impressive architectural work of Sinan. In Istanbul, Sehzade Mosque is considered as his 'apprentice' period, and Suleymaniye Mosque as his senior work. However, In Edirne, Selimiye mosque is considered as his masterpiece. I highly recommend all 3! :)
Posted on: Oct 03, 2013
Chokk says:
I like to visit them, some of them are crazy impressive like Hagia Sophia and The Blue Mosque in Istanbul, but I have yet so many left to visit:D
Posted on: Aug 29, 2010