Museum on the Mound

The Mound, Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Museum on the Mound Edinburgh Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
Show Me the Money! Sep 26, 2012
This museum in Edinburgh opened in 2006 in a building formerly occupied by the Bank of Scotland head offices, and still houses the headquarters of Lloyds Banking Group. There are a half dozen exhibit rooms in the museum covering the building itself, Bank of Scotland founding, famous customers, money and its use in the course of history, securities and societies in Victorian times, the rise of life assurance security, and how money has shaped work and leisure into the modern era. Maybe sounds sort of dull, but it is actually very interesting with well-described displays that don’t always take the topic too seriously and utilizes some tongue-in-cheek humor to engage you. I liked that about this museum – it had a sense of humor! One of the highlights here is the display of 1 million pounds (all in 20 pound bills). There is also a splendid coin collection to view here if you like such things. Some of the vintage posters from the Leisure Room I enjoyed too. Best of all – it’s Free to enter!
Entrance sign
Building
Grounds out front
Something fancy
Vikram says:
Nice find, thanks! I've visited the Bank of England museum in London and that was equally enjoyable.
christine4321 says:
lol, yes we can all use to put on a few pounds with out regret!

I really enjoyed the Currency Museum in Ottawa. I could have spend a lot more time there but we only had one day to explore the city as we were there for such a short time. I definitely plan to go back as we missed so much.

Have you ever been to Ottawa? It is very cold in the winter but there is so much to do especially during the winter carnival. I haven't been in any other season but am told that it is very nice especially in the summer. The hotels are expensive but there are so many free activities that seem to make up for the cost of accommodation.
christine4321 says:
nice review and great pics!

Check Edinburgh Hotel Deals