Museum of World Treasures

www.worldtreasures.org - (316) 263-1311

Museum of World Treasures Wichita Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
Small but amazing collection Aug 17, 2013
We stopped in Wichita on our way to Kansas City and were looking for the best way to spend the morning. My friend Saeid found this museum in a travel magazine in our hotel and I thought it was a wonderful idea.

It is located in Wichita's Old Town and features 3 floors of incredible objects and memorabilia from three times in history: ancient, world wars and American pop culture.

The first things you see as you go in are fossils of dinosaurs and some mounted mammals too. They have a piece of the Berlin wall in this section, which I thought was a little out of place, but I guess it's because they don't allow pictures in the WWII area.

Then it came what for me was the most interesting room: ancient cultures. They had pieces from Egypt (yes, some mummies too!), Persia, Greece, Rome and -what amazed me the most- some Sumerian objects with examples of mankind's first writing! That was really like WOW!

The second floor is all about WWI and II and also something about European Reinassance history. Worth taking a look but no photography is allowed.

The third floor I have to say it was the most disappointing of them all. I am not really interested in pop culture, so even though they had stuff here that belonged to Marilyn Monroe, or soccer balls autographed by Pele, this room really did not catch my attention. Specially not after having seen those Summerian vessels.

Very nice experience, very much worth it.
Front