Museum of Flight

9404 East Marginal Way South, Seattle, WA, USA - (206) 764-5700

Museum of Flight Seattle Reviews

clowboy clowboy
Seattle Museum of Flight Oct 15, 2011
So, first of all I rate it as expensive on a backpackers scale. Second I felt a little bit like it would have been better Value for money if the split the Museum into two, one for space and one for flight. We arrived at 1.30pm and left at 5.30pm and the last hour was really rushed and we still did not see everything. I felt like the museum didn't flow as well as I would have liked it to and there was perhaps too much reading material. That said there is a lot of information and some really cool exhibts on display (for example a very accurate replica of the wright brothers plane).

The biggest highlight for me was the Concord and the old Airforce one plane, although more information on these two planes would have been nice.

The cost was $16 and the bus there and back was $4.50 from 6th Avenue to the Door.
Nair2011 Nair2011
History to recent time of flying Feb 02, 2008
Museum of Flight is another learning experience for me in Seattle, Wahington State, USA.

Planes, planes and p;eanes everywhere. Absolutely a fantastic place for all ages to see the history to recen times of flying machines from replicas of the Wright Brothers planes to proto type of space shuttle. We can see not only the planes but also the inner parts of the same.

Pilot simulator is also great experience though it cost extra from entrance ticket.

While exiting the museum an airpark with the Airforce One (the one used by then presidents of USA), A Concorde plane, Super speed plane used by British airways (Used to cover NY to London in 5 hours) and more..

My another memorable experience in the state of Washington.
@ Museum of Flight
aelder2259 aelder22…
Not quite worth the money unless you're a plane freak Jun 28, 2008
I went to the Museum of Flight with my husband and a group of Seattle Mountaineers, mainly to take photos. We had special permission, so we could use our tripods, but the crowds of people made it difficult to take good photos.

While there are lots of vintage aircraft here, it didn't hold my attention that much. The exception was paying a little extra to do the flight simulator. Next time, I'm the captain, though, because my husband couldn't keep control and had us barrel rolling the whole time. I did find I was good at the cannon.
OurWorldTrip OurWorld…
Sep 14, 2006
Now, visiting the Museum of Flight is one geeky thing todo and not really something a girl would enjoy. That's what I thought when 4 lads asked me to join them. But did I have a great time??? Absolutely!!

This place is fanatastic and not only great for kids. Take a tour, it lasts for around 30 minutes and gives you some history about planes. There are some replicas from the Wright Brothers planes. There's so much to see, you won't get bored for a while.

Try out the X-Pilot simulator. It's an extra $8 but well worth it.

Don't forget to visit the airpark for a sneaky peak into Airforce One, a Concorde, a Boing 747 and more.

Admission is $14 for adults and $7.50 for kids. Not cheap, especially if you add the admission fees for the simulators inside. It's worth it though and I'm a converted plane lover now :)
Clever combination
Lot of planes

Related Travel Blogs About Museum of Flight

Visiting the Boeing factory
Jet lag was on our side today and we were up before the crack of dawn.  First stop was the Pike Place Market ... home to Seattle’s fish market.  Wow!  The ginormous scallops, lobster…Flight museum south of Seattle.  The factory itself north of Seattle at Everett was a world full of superlatives…
Museum of Flight
I have always loved airplanes and so has my brother.  We both worked for an airline for a while and any chance to see some old planes is a chance worth taking.  This blogs main picture is t… I have always loved airplanes and so has my brother.  We both worked for an airline for a while…
Da wir die letzte Nacht im Hafen von Seattle verbracht haben und die Verladearbeiten aus irgendeinem Grund noch nicht begonnen haben, hatte ich eine sehr ruhige Nacht. Nachdem ich alle für einen Lan…Seattle angesiedelt hat und neben Flugzeugen auch ein "Museum of Flight" gebaut hat, wollte ich mir das am Nachmittag anschauen…

Check Seattle Hotel Deals