Museum of Croydon

Katharine St, Croydon, United Kingdom

Museum of Croydon Reviews

dqfn1 dqfn1
A small museum in an international city Oct 14, 2009
The museum is about the village of Croydon, the local history is the main guild line. The city of London is not important. Everything from the year of 1800 up until present day is considerd to be museum worthy. Thing that are taken into the collection are: furniture sold by the IKEA when it first opend its doors in Croydon, gas masks from WW2, a Robin (car), a grand fathers clock, vases, a model train, etc.

The main exhibition is interactive, so you'll be able to get more information about an object of you want too. You'll walk through the exhibition starting at 1800 and you'll walk up untill present day.

At the gallery you'll find temporary exhibitions, showing China at the time we visited (school excursion) the museum and paintings.

We also had a school tour, ment for early teens and younger. Showing items from the war like gas masks, a device for babies so they should be able to survive a gas attack... not uncommon for moms to forget to pump air into it so the baby would be able to breath, and some other items from the WW2.

Nice museum about local history. It's a change of the big and touristy museums. However, you'll have to take time to get there.
The Croydon Clock Tower. At the ri…
The Robin as seen in the museum. N…

Related Travel Blogs About Museum of Croydon

Croydon a real city within a city
(Because the city of Croydon is a separate city within London the review about the museum is placed in a separate entry, nothing I can do about it) At the start of the day we left with the subway,…Museum of Croydon, Croydon. This used to be a village within London, nowadays it's a borough. The museum
Croydon and London Transport Museum
After Croydon we left for a nother museum with cars and such: The London Transport Museum. Finally! I have a small collection of scaled car models and I wanted to buy a model so I could add to my, st…Croydon we left for a nother museum with cars and such: The London Transport Museum. Finally! I have a small…

Compare London Hotel Rates (13.6km away)

Museum of Croydon Map