Museum of Croatian War of Independence

Mount Srd, Dubrovnik, Croatia
Museum of Croatian War of Independence - We signed in!
Museum of Croatian War of Independence - Inside the museum
Museum of Croatian War of Independence - Inside the museum
Museum of Croatian War of Independence - Guestbook
Museum of Croatian War of Independence - The Croatian War of Independence Museum (outside)
Museum of Croatian War of Independence - Explaination outside the museum

Museum of Croatian War of Independence Dubrovnik Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
A must in order to understand the Fall of Dubrovnik City Mar 06, 2015
My husband and I are history buffs, and he especially like warfare stuff. So it seems fitting that we visited the war museum located at located in one wing of Fort Imperial on Mount Srđ, which is the symbol of the defence of Dubrovnik.

Entrance fee was 20Kuna each for us adults. The museum is opened til 8 pm I think, (we went there after sunset). It is quite a small museum so you don’t really need many hours there.

The museum focusses on the War in 1991 to 1995 together with the history of Fort Imperial which captures the heart of the proud people of Croatia. Thus many military stuff on display with videos showing the break of war and the devastating aftermath.

You can also buy books regarding the war as souvenirs (which we did). I am not sure whether taking photographs was allowed as normally that’s not allowed in museums but I managed to snap a few. You can also sign a guestbook at the entrance which we did. So a must for history buffs!
Inside the museum
Inside the museum
Explaination outside the museum
The Croatian War of Independence M…

Check Dubrovnik Hotel Deals