Museum of Cocoa and Chocolate

www.mucc.be - 02 514 20 48

Museum of Cocoa and Chocolate Brussels Reviews

vulindlela vulindle…
Fun and cheap........free chocolate too! Oct 15, 2014
We decided to visit this and I am glad we did.

It is easy to find and is just off the Grand Place.

The entry fee is 5 Euro for adults.

We started off on the lower level, watching a chocolate demonstration show. It was a god learning experience that included samples. They let you have a lot too!

Next, was a self guided tour that went upstairs and showed various exhibits and processes of chocolate making.

Did I mention that there were more samples upstairs?

The whole experience took about 1 hour and was well worth it.
Museum of Chocolate
A display about chocolate from Ven…
part of the museum
vulindlela says:
A reason to go back!
Posted on: Oct 19, 2014
WalterC says:
Oh man, I remember being bummed when I could not visit this place because it was closed that day, as I love chocolate.
Posted on: Oct 19, 2014
Bojasem Bojasem
skip Jun 06, 2012
i was waiting to visit this museum becuase i like see factory and to know how they make the

products.

Musee du Cacao et du Chocolat is near grand place.

when i arrive i like they way of welcome after i pay 5.5 euros the ticket the hoster give me

Chocolate with biscuits it amazing and i like the Cocoa picture in the machine.

i wait 5 minutes until the show start , they have a lot of sample of Chocolate for eating i like

the taste of the Chocolate.

then the show star the chef introduce how to make excellent Belgium Chocolate.

after the show picture of old Chocolate and the kind of Cocoa in two level.

i think that waste of time godiva and hussel more beautiful than the museum they shoud

but increase the museum picture, show us from plant of Cocoa to be choclate not start

from bar choclate.

i give it 2 out of 10.
travelfan1963 travelfa…
A Museum of Chocolate Lovers Feb 28, 2011
Belgium is world famous for its chocolate. In the shadows of the Grand Place in Brussels is a museum, the Museum of Cocoa and Chocolate, which is dedicated to those who cannot resist the taste of chocolate.

Admission is 5.50 euros and while the museum is a little touristy, if you have a sweet tooth like I do, this museum is worth a visit. Several floors of exhibitions in French, Dutch and English trace Belgium's history with chocolate. Chocolate was introduced to Europe in 1528 when Cortes returned to Spain from Mexico with cocoa beans and chocolate drink-making materials. Chocolate came to Belgium later in 1635 and is now a major industry. In Brussels alone, there are roughly 80 chocolatiers and you are never far from a chocolate shop on any street corner!

Exhibits provide details on where the cocoa comes from (such as the Ivory Coast, Indonesia, Venezuela, Brazil and Ghana) as well as how the cocoa is processed. The cocoa beans are fermented in large chests for two to nine days, covered with banana leaves. The beans are then dried and stored.

Another exhibit includes myths and truths about chocolate, which I found interesting. Chocolate does not cause acne, which is a widely reported myth, or cause headaches. Unfortunately, chocolate is high in calories as I was hoping this would be a myth!

The best exhibition is the chocolate-making demonstration on the ground floor given at scheduled times by a master chocolatier. Be sure to get there early as the demonstration room is small and will be crowded. It will be hard to see the demonstration from the back.

The demonstration is bilingual in both French and English, and our instructor started off her presentation with a one kilo block of dark chocolate. You could almost feel the crowd drooling. The demonstration shows how chocolate is melted into molds and each visitor is given a delicious sample at the end.

Overall, this museum is worth a visit if you want to learn about chocolate. While a few of the exhibits are small and some self-promoting (for instance, too many details on the Venezuelan cocoa industry), I would recommend a stop as the demonstration itself is worth a look. Also, the museum has a few unique gifts for any chocolate lovers at home including blocks of chocolate with matching museum cups, which is something unique.
Welcome to the Museum of Cocoa and…
Cocoa beans on display from differ…
crazychictraveller says:
It makes me crave for chocolate..grrr :)
nyprne says:
Congratulations on your feature. I am certain many others will not visit this museum because of your review.
sarahelaine says:
It sounds like my kind of place! I loved teh chocolate museum in Cologne, although that was really just about Lindt. :) Well done on the feature!

Related Travel Blogs About Museum of Cocoa and Chocolate

Brussels
Wednesday 16th SeptemberThe day started with a ridiculously early wake up as a result of our impending journey and flight from Prestwick. We rose had a quickly breaky and took our half price tickets …Brussels museum we headed to the Chocolate and Cocoa museum a small shop like attraction displaying the history of chocolate

Check Brussels Hotel Deals