Museum Tavern

49 Great Russell Street, London, United Kingdom
Museum Tavern - Ultimate Fish and Chips
Museum Tavern - Museum Tavern.
Museum Tavern - Museum Tavern historical plaque.
Museum Tavern - Museum Tavern menu.
Museum Tavern - Museum Tavern.

Museum Tavern London Reviews

Andy99 Andy99
A Pub Near the British Museum Aug 02, 2017
We enjoyed dinner at the Museum Tavern, located right across the street from the British Museum. Tables can be booked in advance (by telephone or online), which we did. Our table was waiting, a good move as the pub was crowded. (There is outside seating, but this rain was not conducive to it this evening.) Despite it being in a heavily visited location, I would say that predominately locals were here after work. The wooden bar and fittings give it the perfect British pub atmosphere.

I placed our food order at the bar and it was served at our table. I ordered the Ultimate Fish and Chips. A nice cod fillet was accompanied by mushy peas, pickled onions, curry sauce and tartar sauce. It was very good!

The Museum Tavern is something of a museum itself. The pub dates to 1723 and has operated under its present name since 1755. The present building dates to 1855.
Museum Tavern.
Ultimate Fish and Chips
Museum Tavern menu.
Museum Tavern historical plaque.
Toonsarah says:
You're right about this being popular with locals - it used to be one of my after work haunts when I was based in this area for a few years
Posted on: Sep 28, 2017