Museum Konperensi Asia Afrika

Jl. Asia Afrika No. 65 Braga Sumurbandung Bandung Jawa Barat, Bandung, Indonesia
+62 22 4233564

Museum Konperensi Asia Afrika Bandung Reviews

yuness yuness
'The History of KAA Conferences' Jan 07, 2013
I have been going to Bandung many times, but this is the first time for me to visit this Museum of the Asian-African Conference. It is located on In Asia Afrika Jalan (Street). The museum is open every day from at 8:00 to 16:00 but on public holidays the museum is closed.

This museum does not charge to visit inside at all, so we went straight to the information center, and there we enroll ourselves, assisted by the Museum employees. We also get a booklet which contains information about the Konferensi Asia-Afrika (KAA) museum building itself and also the Indonesian independence. First we decided to pay a visit to Conference area, here the arrangement of the chairs is so neat and the room looks so amazingly clean and tidy to me ....also there are a line of flags from all the KAA members Countries, a total of 135 flags in front of which stands a splendid ornate Golden Gong that was struck on the opening Ceremony of the 50th KAA Conference 2005, in Denpasar, Bali Island. Now the Gong opens all the yearly KAA conferences.

We next entered the public exhibitions that are right in front of the entrance, on display here is a wide range of heritage from all over the Asia-African continents also here are the chairs, photographs and some of the equipment used and associated with passed KAA Conferences. The displays show how this conference has grown over the years. There is also a statue of Bung Karno and Bung Hatta, as well as presidents and prime ministers of some of the other member countries. I read many of articles and did not forget to take some photos for my memories.

After that we are given a guided who will explain about the history of the Wars between our two blocks of west and east continents, All of which gave rise to the idea of holding these conferences, where these countries are not favoring one block or the other and so to be at peace with each other, because these countries much the same backgrounds.

Once our guide has satisfied us with surrounds of the museum, he welcomes us to take photos at the podium that was the actual one used for the 50th Conference in Bali. I’m very grateful to our guide who shared his knowledge with passion just as these conference are meant to relate. I’m proud and thank our first president Bung Karno for his foresight to recognize the history of these great and strong Continents internationally, he recognized that being able to combine the two continents in the mission of peace, would only cement and strengthen us together.
halilee says:
Congrats on your featured review! :)
Posted on: Aug 28, 2015