Museu d'Art Contemporani de Barcelona

1 PLAÇA ÀNGELS, Barcelona, Spain

Museu d'Art Contemporani de Barcelona Reviews

justp justp
Beautiful interior & building architecture but exhibit poor Apr 21, 2012
Beautiful interior & building architecture but exhibit is very very poor. I had no idea that most of it would be photography. I love photographs but if I didnt I would have been disappointed with this museum. It had small exhibition of art. I would never call this museum a Contemporary Art Museum and just to see interior it was a bit tooooo expensive. There should be cleared info about this. I think it is just a nice building and a nice placa outside (on both sides) worth seeing but do not pay for going inside.
Ann_Hells Ann_Hells
MACBA Dec 24, 2009
I came to Barcelona for the holidays to visit my family this year and a very good friend of mine came with me to experience a real Catalan Holiday celebration. Of course we also wanted to do many things in Barcelona since she had only been once before. The problem was that every day it was raining.

I searched on travbuddy for things to do in Barcelona in rainy conditions, and I couldn't find much new. It turns out this city is not very rain friendly! So I am writing this review about my favorite museum in the city.

I recommend MACBA to anyone with an interest in contemporary art, the permanent collection is fantastic some of the highlights for me being the first room with works by Morris Louis, Franz Klein, and Ad Reinhardt. And of course later on the documentary about Robert Smithson's Spiral Jetty and Ed Ruscha's "Every Building on Sunset Strip"

The temporary exhibitions are always really nice. I went twice to one called "Modernologies" and the second visit really cemented the ideas, the setup is really great in my opinion, with on floor dedicated to each section: permanent collection, temporary exhibition, etc.

I think regular admission is under 10 euro, showing my under 25 card I got in for just over 5 so it's very cheap. This is also very easy to get to, it is just left on the rambles if you are facing the port, close to placa catalunya. It's just one of the great museums in this city but the best part is, it's open on Mondays! When all the other museums are closed.
Inside MACBA

Related Travel Blogs About Museu d'Art Contemporani de Barcelona

My favourite part of Barcelona
It’s late summer in Barcelona and the Ramblas is full of tourists, each clutching a guide to Barcelona, it seems.  One of the most famous thoroughfares in the world, this broad street which le…Museu dArt Contemporani de Barcelona which opened in 1995.  Designed by American architect Richard Meier, the building…

Check Barcelona Hotel Deals