Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya

www.mnac.cat/index.jsp?lan=003 - (00 34) 93 622 03 76

Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya Barcelona Reviews

justp justp
Beautiful Place Apr 21, 2012
Absolutely fantastic museum. It's location is marvelous. I have been at this hill 2 times already but only now I went to see this museum. I absolutely loved it. I have been to many in my life but this one was one of the best I have been to. Not too many tourists. They are all kept in Ramblas area ;-) so hardly anyone gets here. It was so amuzing to scroll around with few otehr people and watch masterpieces of Catalan art. I recommend going. I am going to go again on my next trip.
davidx davidx
A great experience Oct 16, 1999
Get to the Pla├ža Espanya and you cannot fail to see this huge palatial (literally) building above you on the slopes of Montjuic. If you think you have to wait for a bus because of the height, think again! There is a chain of escalators that will take you almost to the entrance.

I've given it the full 5 rating although I was too near to closing time t see everything. I chose the Romanesque Art department as being rarer than Gothic and highly specific to the area.

As I shall eventually be saying in a blog on the Spanish Pyrenees, Catalunya is a region with a remarkable number of fine Romanesque churches (for some reason quite beyond me the southern European languages call them Roman - which of course they are not.)

At various times some of the great art work in these churches has been at considerable risk from war, political or religious disturbances and many of the murals have been brought to this museum.

In some cases walls similar to those of the original church are built to show the works as realistically as possible.

Photoraphy is banned but spend a bit of time on the website given - choose 'collections' and then Romanesque.

Related Travel Blogs About Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya

The City of Gaudi
Barcelona was amazing! We visited the Park Gruell, the Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya, the Maritime Museum, the beach, Montserrat, the Picasso Museum and more! Perhaps I'll find time to relive thi…Barcelona was amazing! We visited the Park Gruell, the Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya, the Maritime Museum, the beach…

Check Barcelona Hotel Deals