Museo del Desierto

Saltillo, Mexico

Museo del Desierto Saltillo Reviews

Dave81 Dave81
Interesting, miscellaneous museum May 07, 2011
According to the recommendation of Montecarlostar I wanted to visit el museo del desierto in saltillo. I must again admit that I'm not into museums normally but think it's one of the must-sees here.

When we arrived, the entrance fee of 75 pesos seemed a bit overpriced for "just" a museum. As we did not have breakfast, we decided to take in the restaurant in the museum. We were the only guests in the morning, the breakfast was cheap and delicious.

The museum is huge, you can easily spend hours. Additionally, there is also an outside area with animalss, cactuses and a great view over Saltillo.

It's not only about desert, no, it's about the origin of the earth. They show alot of exhibits like animals, plants, rocks and so on which makes the tour in the museum interesting for boths, kids and adults.

Finally, I have to say that the entrance fee is more than appropriate and it's really worth a visit
montecarlostar says:
Glad you liked it! Did they still have the mexican history rooms? I remember they had some really good collection of items from the spanish colony times.
Posted on: Jun 14, 2011