Museo del Desierto Chihuahuense

--, Delicias, Mexico

Museo del Desierto Chihuahuense Delicias Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
The best museum in the area Apr 23, 2011
I attended the Museum of the Chihuahuan Desert during my stay in my hometown (Delicias, Chihuahua) in April of 2007.

I decided to go there with my nieces, and it was a wonderful surprise! The facilities are very modern and they had a small but interesting collection of sea fossils that have been found in the state (Chihuahua used to be a sea in ancient times) and some others that have been borrowed from similar museums for temporal expositions.

They have activities for kids, such as discover the fossil (buried in sand) and the staff is friendly, helpful and informative.

***UPDATE***

I revisited the museum in April 2011 and now they have opened all of its rooms featuring a wonderful collection of dinosaurs and other fossils, besides of plants and animals from the Chihuahuan desert. This museum is definitively the best museum in Delicias and a must if you are ever in these lands!
Entrance
At the entrance
Nice cactus collection
montecarlostar says:
Hey how are you? Welcome to TB! Are you originally from Delicias? When are you going? It is my hometown, I was born there :)
Posted on: Feb 17, 2013
nermle says:
I am sooo excited to see this. i have not been to Delicias in 12 yrs I am sure lots has changed. I love museums and to see this just makes me even more excited to be going.
Posted on: Feb 17, 2013
montecarlostar says:
I agree, Omar! Chihuahua has so many cool things to offer and it's a bit different from the rest of Mexico. You are welcome anytime! :D
Posted on: Apr 25, 2011