Museo de Estado

Guillermo Prieto # 176, Morelia, Mexico

Museo de Estado Morelia Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
Indigenous cultures... Aug 28, 2011
This museum is located in what used to be the house of Ana Huarte, the wife of Emperor Agustín I of Mexico, and that's the main reason I wanted to visit it. It's an XVIII century house, and the museum is divided in three sections: Archeology, History and Etnology.

There are quite a few exhibitions about prehispanic clay pieces, agricultural techniques, and festivals and traditions like the Day of the Dead.

Again, they don't allow pictures, but I managed to take a few. This museum is ok, but the one I found really interesting was the Regional Museum of Michoacan.
Front sign
Museum
Day of the Dead
Pottery
montecarlostar says:
Yeah, Mónica told me about it, Preston... you should really post your picts and reviews about the city! It will be interesting to read your point of view. I fell in love with the city, it's one of the most beautiful Mexican downtowns I have ever been to. Much better than GDL for example.
pacificscorpio says:
I went to a few different museums, I still have 12 or so write-ups to do plus post a 400+ or more photo's. Sept 2010 is when I was in Morelia, met Chad and Moni also this same time.
montecarlostar says:
Did you go to the other museum (Museo regional michoacano)? I thought it was much better than this one

Check Morelia Hotel Deals